How to Import Matrox AVI Files into Vegas Pro 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Trustee

How to Import Matrox AVI Files into Vegas Pro 8

I have some HDV footage that I got from an associate that was captured as Matrox AVI using a Matrox Matrox RT.X2 card. My associate is a Premiere Pro CS3 user. He no longer has the HDV tapes or my task would be simple - just capture from tape. The Matrox AVI files are encoded usiing a proprietary codec. I bought a Matrox M.Key which ia a USB dongle that allows the files to play in Windows Media Player. My problem is that Vegas Pro 8 does not use the Matrox codec so I have audio but no video when I import the files into Vegas. I have but don't use Premiere Elements 4 on my system. The Matrox files import just fine into Elements.

How can I get these files into Vegas without losing quality or winding up with huge files? I also have Cineform Neo Scene but it doesn't convert AVI files. I have almost six hours of footage so lossless AVI is too unwieldy; so is frame serving. If I did frame serve, I would have to use Elements to do so and I don't know if it can handle it. Even if it did, I would still wind up with huge files. it's one thing to work with a ten minute video but almost six hours of HD is another problem.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #2
New Boot

matrox codecs

try this Re: Matrox software only codec not working : Matrox Video Systems
Wade Harrington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...