bl ry DV Arc ??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 4th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Inner Circle

bl ry DV Arc ???

Good Morning,

Well, i have been at it for three hours and no success yet.

From the Vegas timeline I can cut blu ray no problem other than I cant adjust the bit rate down slightly from 25mb/s . Frustrating as a project is 26 gigs and I can't cut it down in size, could i reduce the bit rate slightly I could fit it to a 25 gig disc.

the logical thing was to go to DV ARC (I have made numerous dvds with it so I know how to use it for the most part.

I can not for the life of me get it to give me the information on my br burner at all. It says i have a 4.6 capacity.

How do I actually get to the bl ray options???

I must be missing something really simple. I even went on line to the manual but had no real success with that.

If someone has an answer it might save me numerous more hours.

thank you for any help.
Old April 4th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

When you tell it to burn a blu-ray disc from the Vegas timeline, it asks what template you want to you. You can pick a lower bitrate template there (or create one you can use there).

As for DVD Architect, you may need to go to File - Properties and tell it what type of DVD you're wanting to burn. Once changed in the properties, it should then show you the larger size.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I just render to the Bluray preset out of Vegas, choose the 25mbps preset, click custom and adjust the average down. If you have about 26G of HDV then it should only need to go to about 23mbps VBR and it will fit. Then render an AC3 audio from Vegas time line or you may have room for a PCM file.. I usually set markers and name in Vegas and set too include markers in render, You can then use to make Bluray in DVD Architect 5.0 with menus.
Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #4
Inner Circle

ron,

When i go to tools, burn disc, blu ray, select mainconcept 2 25mb/s preset there is no place to customize that i can find.

So do you goto file/render as/mainconcept 2/ folder???/ then vegas

or can you then goto burn blu ray somehow.

and I thought this blu ray thing was going to be a push!!??
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #5

Go to File - Render As - pick that format, modify as needed, and save a new PRESET. Then you go to Tools - Burn Disc - Blu-Ray, that new preset should be available to you.
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Inner Circle

If you want to use DVD Architect you will have to render a file for video and audio. Then start a new project in DVD Architect 5.0 with Bluray presets, import the files as you would for an SD DVD and then proceed as you normally would for an SD DVD accept the "make DVD" is now "make Bluray".
If you want menus etc you will need to use Architect rather than go from the Vegas timeline. You seem to know DVD Architect so the only issue you have is getting a file that fits.
I choose the Bluray 1440x1080 60i preset to modify and change the average to 23 from 25 to get a little more on the disc.
Ron Evans
Old April 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Ron, Edward,

thanks for the help. I got it sorted out, seems straight forward

However, sense updating to 5.0 to do the blu ray thing, once it starts rendering a window comes up

External video renderer has stopped working.

Now that is a new one!!!

any ideas???

maybe reinstall??
Old April 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #8
Inner Circle

I had this one too. If you use Cineform Neo Scene etc DVD Architect 5.0a does not like it very much. In fact with this combination AVCHD conversion does not include the audio!!!) Uninstall 5.0a and reinstall DVD architect 5.0 and all will be well, at least that solved my problems after uninstalling both Cineform and DVD Architect and reinstalling just 5.0 ( not 5.0a) then Cineform Neo Scene.

Ron Evans
Old April 6th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Ron,

this good news; however, All i can find at sony is 5.0a. I will do a further search but was wondering where you rounded up the older version???

dale
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Architect 5.0 came with my copy of Vegas 8.0 I expect that if you purchased later you would have Vegas 8.0c and Architect 5.0a. Don't know where on the site that might be.

Ron Evans
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Ron,

I had dvd arc 4.5.

this site downloads 5.0 build 170

9Down.COM - Download SONY DVD Architect Pro 5.0

I was lucky to find it so easy!! Downlaods nicely and just type in ones reg number and you are away. Even I could do it.

I am working on the project right now, rendering the project to M2t and ac3, wil try again and let you know.

thanks again.
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #12

DVD Architect 5.0

edit: I'd use this link instead of your link. This link is direct from Sony instead of some unknown location.
Old April 6th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Ed, ron,

Well, this has seemed to solve most of my problems. My test runs have been just fine this afternoon.

I am still having a bit of a problem when I put three projects together on the timeline and then try to render them to make one large br. But that is a slightly different problem.
If I don't resolve it in the next couple days, I'll be back.

thank you ever so much!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...