Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 113 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2004, 12:15 AM   #1681
Regular Crew

Part 2

Followed the links you posted, and will try online tonight. Stupidly tried snail mail to upgrade. Better get with the info age eh? :)

Thanks again for the help.

Andy
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:29 AM   #1682
Tourist

New way to cut in vegas!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, first of all i´m new in vegas ( i´ve used it for about 2 months ), i liked very much his software, but i want to discuss 2 matters that i´ve stuck in.

First of all my problem is " cutting ", from all the later software that i´ve used this one is a little bit tricky, the only thing that i want to do is devide the movie in two blocks, and then insert a transition or an effect in the middle of that 2 blocks.

When i use the cut in my movie, i select from the timeline the start point to the end point that i want to move for another track.

But when i do that the selected block from the timeline goes to the clipboard , and if a make another task it vanish from it.

So what can i do to insert a transition in a middle of one block of film. Is this possible?????????

Many thanks to all.
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:57 AM   #1683
Sponsor: JET DV

Not sure I followed all of that. You have a single AVI file that you want to split and then dissolve between the two halves? If that's all, you simply need to put the cursor at the split point, press "S", and then move the second half so that it overlaps the first half for the length that you want the dissolve. No need to move to different tracks or copy to the clipboard.
Old May 18th, 2004, 11:48 AM   #1684
Regular Crew

I will give them a call again about the rebates but I was wondering if anyone else had gotten it to work or are further along in the process?
Old May 18th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #1685
Regular Crew

Join the SCVUG / Save on VASST

There are many benefits and perks in becoming a member of the SCVUG.

Join the SCVUG and receive a special discount offer to attend a VASST in your city.

This special offer is only valid until may 25th!

Join the SCVUG

Jay Mitchell

SCVUG Host
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #1686
Regular Crew

More News

Hi Edward!

The second page of the link you gave states US residents only.

Hopefully Customer Service will come through for me.

Anyone else OS tried to get the Free Upgrade?

Cheers,

Andy
Old May 18th, 2004, 08:55 PM   #1687
Sponsor: JET DV

I never tried the free upgrade (mine were purchased over a year ago :-)). Consequently, I never saw the second page. Your only option is a plea to Sony customer service.
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #1688

Thank you Denver!

Had a great time in Denver, good groups at the free Sony event and at the VASST training day. Congrats to Scott W. who not only won the 64Bit Opteron from AMD, but the next day at the VASST training, he also took home an ADS Datatank. Whatta haul! Don, hope you love that new Vegas Bella keyboard!
Thanks to Don and Robert for staying after a bit to help Gary and I get packed so we could catch our very late flight to Chicago.
Looking forward to meeting many of you in Chicago and other cities. (and yes, we're giving away a 64bit Opteron in every city at the free Sony Software Media Showcase event, not to mention all the fun stuff from Artbeats, Pixelan, ADS, Sony, Hark Productions, ExpoDisk, Photoflex, Bella Keyboards, and VASST.
http://www.vasst.com
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:21 AM   #1689
Major Player

Question for Douglas Spotted Eagle

Douglas,
Will you be publishing a new "Vegas 5 Editing Workshop", or would "Vegas 4 Editing Workshop" still be useful to a totally new user of Vegas 5 + DVD ?

Thanks, Nick
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:57 AM   #1690
Wrangler

Random frame that doesn't belong...

I think I asked Edward this before a while back but honestly don't remember what the response was. Anyway here's what I'm seeing:

After editing for a while from time to time I see a blip in the footage. Not knowing what it was I double back and go frame by frame over the section I saw the abnormality. I come to find its a single frame from another section of the clip- totally unrelated. For example I'll be editing the vows and see a frame from the front of the chapel.
I zoom all the way in so every thumbnail equals 1 frame and it doesn't show up yet when I move the timeline marker to that frame the odd frame is definitly there.
I've found the only way to remedy this is save my project, close Vegas, then reopen it. If I do that the odd frame is gone. I'll have to test in the future and render a section that shows an odd frame to see if it picks it up.

I used to experience this in Vegas 4 and now confirmed that it exists in Vegas 5. Has anyone else experienced this? What causes this? Can this be patched by Sony? Thanks in advance!
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:24 AM   #1691
Regular Crew

I have seen this once in Vegas 4. Seems to be a hard bug to reproduce.
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:40 AM   #1692
Trustee

It also happened to me some times in Vegas 4. Haven't tried Vegas 5 yet.
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #1693
Inner Circle

Such "flash" frames can sometime crop up from your editing workflow. You think you've trimmed a clip at the end, when actually you've left a single frame outside your edit point. That orphan frame gets pushed and slipped around your timeline as you continue to edit, winding up at seemingly random points.

AVID has a "Find flash frame" feature, that searches your timeline for a single stray frame. Anything like that in Vegas?
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #1694
New Boot

Vegas and mpeg transport

The new Vegas 5.0 could generate transport files m2v. Is this format can be used for transport to write on JVC HD cameras and D-VHS.
Old May 19th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #1695
Wrangler

If that were so, saving the project, shutting down Vegas- reloading Vegas and the project wouldn't fix it...which it always does.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...