Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 96 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 25th, 2004, 01:48 PM   #1426
Regular Crew

Vegas 4.0 does not use an overlay so any dual output Video from Nvidia, ATI or Matrox card will work. (I use a Matrox) Just drag the preview monitor onto the second monitor to and resize it to the desired size. Maybe that not really what you wanted but it works for me.

Mike
Old April 25th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #1427
Major Player

I don't think he is talking about the lens flare. There is a box around all that with rounded corners. Looks like a reflection from inside the lens or camera...maybe the outline of the CCD? Sorta looks like the fresnel center to a 35mm SLR viewfinder.
Old April 25th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #1428
Major Player

What you get is clearly diffraction stars like Glen "thinks". This is aperture dependant See http://www.ferrario.com/ruether/diffraction.htm.
Old April 25th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #1429
Regular Crew

How to do Scene Detection after capture?

While capture, there is an option to do this. But if it was off, or I just have some older huge avi file on disk, how can I do it for exsisting files?

One more question, the scene detection will create tens/hundreds of small avi files, right? Is there something similar like in Pinnacle, which it creates a scn file only, and the large avi file keeps intact..

Please put some inputs, I am evaluating the Vegas, wonder if it's worth to upgrade from Pinnacle 8 I am currently using. Thanks a lot!
Old April 25th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #1430
Wrangler

How does this pertain to Vegas? I'd say Open DV, or Photon Management.
Old April 25th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #1431
Wrangler

Isn't Spot back from NAB? Hopefully he'll see this post and answer some of my questions...
Old April 25th, 2004, 06:36 PM   #1432
Regular Crew

Thx all for the response ,

Glenn , it doesn't , i didn't where to put this post so it ended up in this section.

Guy is actually the only one who understood . I am talking about the square . With his answer i am still not sure what to think though. Anybody's got a clear and technical answer to that.

Thx a million for the link Andre, quite useful information
Old April 25th, 2004, 07:23 PM   #1433
Major Player

Philippe,
I still think it is a reflection of the CCD or the internal mask for it. What camcorder was used to make the video? You'll probably get a better response if this was placed in the Open DV forum. I'd recommend getting Ed or one of the Admins to move this there.
Old April 25th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #1434
Sponsor: JET DV

You can use the free version of Scenalyzer to scene detect an AVI file after capture (NOTE: this is NOT "Scenalyzer Live")

Yes, they will be split into many files. To get an "acn" alternative, you could try subclips but YOU will have to manually set the areas to create the subclips.
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #1435
Regular Crew

JPEG or BMP as a transition

Hi all,

Ok I will try to be crystal clear so you know what my question is about.

1: I want to apply a spiral in top transition but with an image file that replaces the usual black transition screen

2: After a couple of seconds i want the picture (that is still full screen) to go to the upper left corner and shrinks to the size of 1/4 of the screen as it do so.

Thanks for all your input :)

Phil
Old April 26th, 2004, 11:30 AM   #1436

Thanks for the heads-up Glen.
Seminar/workshop style training is pretty powerful and effective for a number of reasons, over books and DVDs. You can ask questions, specific scenarios recounted or requested and responded to, and the approach is quite a bit different. Plus of course, you get Gary and I there so you get a couple of approaches to any given technique.
DVInfo.net members can use the discount code of "COMM" in the discount code box on registration, to knock the price down to 325.00.
Keep in mind there are also some Sony and other goodies given to all attendees, plus a few drawings for bigger items throughout the day.
On the other hand, some folks like DVD or print learning better than in-person, live training. Which is why we offer all 3 forms.

We don't allow video taping of the classes. We've done this in the past, but ran into the classes being posted in part on the web. The only class we permit taping in is the Power Production Techniques class where we encourage folks to bring their cameras to use with our lighting and audio gear.
We've used releases, but once something is posted on the web, it can't be recovered. We do allow audio taping.
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 26th, 2004, 11:58 AM   #1437

You'd accomplish this with a filter and track motion tool, but yes, it can be done. You could also use the track masking tools to more greatly empower yourself.
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 26th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #1438
Regular Crew

Hi Doug,

Thx for the info, i'm still confused though but thx nonetheless.

Phil

PS. Great book btw :)
Old April 26th, 2004, 01:20 PM   #1439
Regular Crew

So I found a way to do that.

1: Create two video track and put the pic in the 1st one.

2: Apply the transition to the beginning and the end of the pic not the video track itself

This is actually where i am block, because i'd like for the transition to stop in middle of his process (that way i actually don't need to shrink the pic because it fits nicely in the uppr right corner)

So is there a way to stop a transition halfway through. I tried track motion and keyframes and it still fly right by

Thx guys

Phil
Old April 26th, 2004, 02:05 PM   #1440
Sponsor: JET DV

In Vegas 5, you would apply a transition envelope. Then you can stop the transition half way through to completion.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...