Vegas 5.0 Wish List - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 20th, 2004, 05:01 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Edward, recall I asked for Vegas to recognize when a still isn't changing and to speed through the generation of those frames. I checked my assumption that it was my Motion Blur causing Vegas to generate each new frame the hard way but setting Motion Blur to zero didn't help. However, apparently the reason it is generating each "static" frame (and is so slooooow) is because the static frame is actually composted from 10 tracks. I think a better solution in the future would be to render a small segment of this to a new track and then expand the rendered clip for the 15 second segment that is "static".

<<<-- Originally posted by Jerry Norman : Ed, thanks for sharing this. Perhaps it is because I use Motion Blur that this doesn't happen for me. I will drop the blur to zero for the static portion and recheck.

<I already does. I can watch the rendering of a scrapbook on my machine and, while panning occurs, you can see each frame count by. As soon as the panning stops, the counter moves so fast you can't read the numbers. --> -->>>
Old March 20th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #32
Sponsor: JET DV

<<<-- Originally posted by Jerry Norman : I think a better solution in the future would be to render a small segment of this to a new track and then expand the rendered clip for the 15 second segment that is "static". -->>>

I have actually done this before. It works great when you know nothing is going to change but, otherwise, would take a long time in rendering. I'm sure your reason was the composition of multiple tracks.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 05:12 PM   #33
Trustee

Premiere plug-in support.

Better color correction tools. Take a look at Color Finesse ( http://www.synthetic-ap.com/products/cf/ ) or lustre ( http://www4.discreet.com/lustre/ ) to see how it should be done.

More "blending modes" (Photoshop-speak) especially Hue, Saturation, Luminance, and Color.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:37 PM   #34
Trustee

All I ask for is a new mouse based timeline scrubbing mode that doesn't make a region...That's all... ;)

Although now I have the shuttlepro my mouse will probably get a lot less use.

Aaron
Old March 22nd, 2004, 08:42 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Do any of you know of any links for more information on vegas 5.0?
Jamison Olivieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:03 PM   #36
Sponsor: JET DV

Vegas 5 has not yet been officially announced. Once it is, I'm sure you will see plenty of information.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 08:32 PM   #37
Inner Circle

Network rendering is gonna be great (I heard about that before version 4 came out from a most unlikely source).
version 5 is already frozen so we should start thing about ver 6
MY real wish is...
I just hope Sony stays commited as the user comunity.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...