DVD burning speed - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 1st, 2009, 02:09 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Ah, I see your point Jack. I truly have not been able to see any difference between the slowest speed, and goinng 1 or 2 steps faster.

It seems the lesson here is to get the best burner you can, the best media you can, and burn at about half the max speed. If the max is 16X, then the middle point would be 8X. I think I will still burn at around 4 just to be safe like others here have mentioned. It also makes sense to not completely fill the disc. If there are going to be bad areas on a disc, it would be more commom in the outer edge.
Justin Deming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:30 AM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

I typically burn at whatever speed is listed when the burn box pops up. That's typically the fastest it has determined it can go. There is anecdotal evidence that slower is better. There's actually anecdotal evidence that faster is better! So I don't think there's any hard and fast evidence one way or the other. Bottom line, do what you feel works for you and what you are comfortable with.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...