Starting Out - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 9th, 2004, 04:29 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Well I had hoped to find a trial version of V4 since my OS is ME but I don't see any place it's available.
Charles French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2004, 08:35 PM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

Try here: http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...p2.asp?DID=447

But I don't know if you can still BUY it.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2004, 09:31 PM   #18
Regular Crew

tks for the link! It worked, I d'led the trial. Now if I could only figure out where to start. I'll hook my camera up tomorrow and poke around with it. Wish me luck.
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:19 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Okey, I'm back feeling overwhelmed! I d'led the trial version V4. I did manage to capture my video from my camera and that's about it. I don't have a clue where or how to start. Bear in mind, this is the (First Time) I've ever looked at a editing program. I d/led the manual but the getting started portion is very vague.

I've searched for books or step by step tutorials for editing in Vegas but I don't think they exist. I've found tutorials for certain functions but nothing specifically for beginners. Are there any books or tutorials that you guys would know of that could help me get a focus on using Vegas?

One last question. Because of my OS I had to d/l V4. Are the general functions in V4 & V5 basically the same. I am planning on upgrading to XP or 2000 soon.

I'm sorry to be such a bother. This is the only place I know to ask questions. I live in a small town and only one person here does any editing and he's a jerk. He won't even carry on a conversation.

Thanks, Charles French
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #20
Sponsor: JET DV

http://www.jetdv.com/tts

Specifically begin with the "Beginner's Corner" articles that began in issue #4.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Thanks a bunch Edward. Wow, that's a heap of info. I'm gonna print it all out and read extensively. Maybe some of it will sink in.

Thank You,
Charles
Charles French is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...