Dialogue Sound - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 11th, 2004, 01:40 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Yes, I've read that article.

Doesn't really tell me anything though.
Old November 11th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #17
Trustee

hi matt,

i don't think you ever mentioned what your project involved. is it a fictional piece? a documentary?

if it's a documentary there is little we should do except to adjust the levels/NR.

if it's a fiction piece then i highly recommend you ADR the entire production like a cartoon for the sake of good dialogue =). just a suggestion.
Old November 11th, 2004, 08:28 PM   #18
Regular Crew

its a fiction, short story.

I'm just a dumbass newbie.

Why don't I use the sound from the close ups.

Woodson --- shakes his head.

Any of you know any good links on how to use Sony's Sound Forge and the plugin Noise Reduction?

Thanks
Old November 11th, 2004, 08:35 PM   #19
Inner Circle

You could use the sound from the close ups for wide shots. If it's difficult to see the lips (which would be the case with a wide shot), then lip sync shouldn't be an issue.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:46 PM   #20
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

to use SF with Vegas ..
right click on the audio ( the section you want to work on ) clip in the Vegas TL - choose open COPY in SF ...

select a section (loop it) that has only the noise you want to remove .. then in SF choose the NR FX ...

after NR opens click on PREVIEW ... bottom of NR click on NOISEPRINT set the auto capture time out at 0.25..then check the box capture noiseprint ... if the line goes staright across bottom hit - click reset ..

if noise is ?? complicated change the FIT to 1000-

once you get a noise print you'll hear the noise drop out .. now click on bottom tab GENERAL ..

now below the preview icon right click - choose "select all data" now whole clip will play back with NR applied

change the FFT to 4096 .. if you hear background sounding like water change the FFT to 8000 or 16000

now listen to the voice quality and background noise .. move the attack & release into 90's ..slide the overalp into 80+

reduce noise slider 10-20 area ... noise bias in area of -10 to +10 ...again listen to the VOICE quality ...

now try a different mode 1,2 3, .. you be the judge which you prefer ..sometimes hard to hear difference between 0 -1 , 1-2 , 2-3 but you will hear difference between 0-3 ...

if you want to hear what NR is removing check KEEP residue output ...

when you have it teh way you like click OK ...
then X out ( close SF ) it will ask if you want to SAVE - click YES

SF will close out and SAVE the data to the Vegas TL on top of the old audio ( as take 2) .. if you want to return to original audio - right click on the audio ( take 2) - TAKE - you'll see 2 audio names choose either ...

NOTE that it is better to use NR a little at a time VS alot ( = better to use the NR "reduce noise" slider at 17 twice vs use it at 35 one time ... which means after you open copy in SF and use at 17 then save etc - you then go to Vegas TL and right click on the take 2 audio - open copy in SF and apply 17 again etc= now when you look at TAKES in Vegas you'll see 3 audio clip names = you can use any of em at any time ...
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2004, 03:30 AM   #21
Regular Crew

thank you thank you

I'm currently playing with these.

But finally I'm in the right process.

Greatly appriciated.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...