Best way to move things in Vegas - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 21st, 2005, 08:25 AM   #16
Major Player

OK. I'm suitably chagrined. I be shutting up now!
Old February 21st, 2005, 10:05 AM   #17
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Patrick King : OK. I'm suitably chagrined. I be shutting up now! -->>>

No! Don't "shut up!" I've been waiting around for a Vegas 5 training event because I learn better if someone is with me, but now I'm thinking I'll order Gary's DVDs. Thank you!!!
Old February 21st, 2005, 11:06 AM   #18
Major Player

Lorinda,

Definately order them today. They paid for themselves on the first DVD and there are five in the Vegas set and two in the DVD Architect set. Great value, excellent instruction, and now (or since published) a VERY useful, printable index!

If you don't get these, you're either a pro already or you're not getting your money's worth out of Vegas.
Old March 21st, 2005, 11:02 PM   #19
Wrangler

WOW!

This thread veered waaayy off topic and I'm sorry, but I've got to give a big THANKS to both Gary and Patrick. I just ordered "The Vegas 5 Companion" training DVDs last week (got 'em within three days) and have already learned some great stuff!

Gary, your teaching suits my way of learning perfectly. Within just a few minutes I was thinking, "So, that's how that is supposed to work!" (Keeping in mind that I'm not too bright, but still...)

And Patrick--thanks for the endorsement of Gary's DVDs. With all this help, I may become a decent editor yet!
Old March 27th, 2005, 06:40 AM   #20
Major Player

The Shortcuts are still out there..

almost 4.000 views, you can download the "Vegas Shortcuts and Mouse gestures" which is a 3-page quick reference from

http://www.modernafilmer.se/se/vegas_keys.pdf

The reason it is not updated for 5.0 is that a HD crash wiped (among many other things) the public domain KeyCap font used, and I have been unable to locate it again. (KeyCapsTCIF and KeyCapsExtraTCIF)

All the keyboard commands are the same by default, event if v5 allows you to change them.

/magnus
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:22 AM   #21
Old Boot

Lassoooooo . ..

Don't forget the LAssoo tool to select bunches of events for moves. Damn fine Tool! Damn fine Coffee!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #22
Wrangler

Re: Lassoooooo . ..

<<<-- Originally posted by Graham Bernard : Don't forget the LAssoo tool to select bunches of events for moves. Damn fine Tool! Damn fine Coffee!

Grazie -->>>

You tell 'em, Cowboy!! Rope 'em and keep the herd together now! That's the one I use most often for this job.
Old March 27th, 2005, 11:07 AM   #23
Old Boot

And it's A Yahhoo from me Too! - Just a lil ole Cowboy from London Town!

. .at last! someone with some humour . . thank you Lorinda!
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2005, 11:43 PM   #24
Wrangler

So, the wild stories about "The Lil Ole Cowboy From London Town" are true!

Careful with that humor talk there, Grazie. People have called my brand "peculiar." You wouldn't want to risk falling in that category, now would you? : )
Old April 6th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #25
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Edward Troxel : I don't specifically recall discussing post ripple editing in the newsletter but may have mentioned it in passing... -->>>

If not it sounds like a good topic for a future newsletter. I remember seeing the numeric keypad cursor movement keys described in one issue. Any other keyboard shortcut "families" would also make a fine topic.

Good luck.

Dennis
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...