DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/4092-vegas-video-discussions-2005-q3q4.html)

Michael Liebergot November 28th, 2005 07:23 PM

Jeff if you haven't done so already, change your RAM settings in your Preferrences to 16MB used.
I had the same problem when trying to work with Still Picture Montages, and this fixed the problem. It seems that Vegas 6 doesn't dump the RAM when it comes time to render, and working with pictures uses up much more RAM than video, as there is more processing needed.
You also may see your preview improve while doing this as well.

Jack Zhang November 28th, 2005 07:51 PM

newbie (not even an FX1 owner) Q about printing HDV via a PC

In anticipation for my first HDV cam, the FX1, I've rendered a ton of HDV photo slideshows (one taking over 5 hours to render) Using 2 NLEs (including vegas), both with the MainConcept Encoder. My question is: Would Vegas transfer my .m2t files without dropping a ton of frames or would I need another printing program to increase performance (must be free, I'm on a budget). And can you print an .m2t file to the FX1 directly from a DVD-R? (VLC didn't drop a single frame when I played an HDV .m2t file from a DVD-R, is the same true for printing?)

Bill Porter November 28th, 2005 07:52 PM

What was the solution? I don't even have an XL-2, I'm just curious to learn. No reason to be shy around here; nobody gonna heckle ya. :)

Jeff Harper November 28th, 2005 11:44 PM

Setting changed

O.K. Michael...I have changed the setting. Thanks much! I'll experiment and see if I can increase rendering threads just for the heck of it!

Jeff

Addition to previous post:
Michael...I did try rendering with new setting, didn't seem to help...ran out of memory...till I changed number of rendering threads back to 1 (one). I think the reason is the TIFFS I'm using are just TOO large! I must say, however, that the video came out beautifully using the TIFFS, best quality I've ever seen.

Appreciate your tip and will continue running with the setting you suggested...

Declan Smith November 29th, 2005 05:59 AM

Batch Processing in Vegas

Is there a way to apply a bunch of settings to a group of avi files in Vegas as a batch process ?

I am using the Letus35A 35mm adapter on my footage, which has all the images flipped vertically (a property of the adapter), hence when I have my raw captured files I want to process them all with track motion orientation of 180 degrees so they are flipped back the right way up.

Mike Kujbida November 29th, 2005 08:07 AM

There's no batch process for this (that I'm aware of).
Using the Track Motion FX option will apply whatever effect you choose (in your case, a 180° rotation) to the entire track so, as long as all clips are on the same track, you'll only have to do this once.

Jim Montgomery November 29th, 2005 11:45 AM

Problem with trimmer

Doing a 20 minute video out of 3 tapes and I was trying to use the Trimmer to create subclips of the .m2t file. When I do everything locks up and the error Sony Vegas 6.0 not responding.

Would seem to be a lot more efficent for Gearshift if I only had to Proxy 20 some odd minutes instead of 1 hour of tape 3 times.

Any ideas.

Jim

Aanarav Sareen November 29th, 2005 01:04 PM

I have started using Macromedia Director and couldn't be happier. Although, it takes a little time to get started, its a great piece of software. Download the trial version and check out the 'getting started' tutorials on Macromedia's site. If you like it and want to futher explore Director, check out Lynda.com

Edward Troxel November 29th, 2005 04:13 PM

Can you just trim it on the timeline? Does that make a difference or does that lock it up too?

Edward Troxel November 29th, 2005 04:16 PM

This should be doable via scripting. Also, if you wanted to use Pan/Crop, you could put them all on the timeline, adjust the first one, copy the first one, choose the rest and then choose to "Paste Event Attributes".

Michael Liebergot November 29th, 2005 04:21 PM

I would recommend using GearShift. Editing or trying to edit (even by trimmer) Mt2 files are painful on your system and Vegas.
It's better to use Cineform Intermediary or Proxy Video, then switch out back to HD or render to MPREG2 DVD if desired.

Jim Montgomery November 29th, 2005 09:10 PM

Ed - I can trim the m2t file on the timeline but that still means the whole tape has to be converted by Gearshift. Of the 180 minutes filmed only 10% will make it to final. It just seems easier to rough cut in the trimmer, place on the timeline and then have Gearshift do the proxy's on the timeline.

Ken Pike November 29th, 2005 09:30 PM

VCD to DVD in Vegas 6

I've looked everywhere but I still haven't figured out how to do this. I would be greatfull for any help or pointers...

Sometime ago I created a slideshow VCD which featured my daughter and her friend spending a Sunday afternoon in a local park. The VCD played on both our PC and our DVD player (now 3 years old) without incident. However the copy I sent to my daughters friend's parents, apparently, never would run on their MAC - not sure if they tried any updates to their system or new/ newer software.

They have now acquired a new DVD player, which, I would assume being brand new, would have all the functionality of our much older DVD player.

My question is, how to I import the video files to Vegas 6 from a VCD, edit (or at the very least copy) the file to create a DVD - or is it possible? Explorer in Vegas doesn't seem to recognize any video files on the CD.

No panic, here. I just thought it might make a nice Christmas present. Any help here would be much appreciated

Peter Mahon November 30th, 2005 04:32 AM

Capture problems

I have just upgraded to Vegas 6c from 5. I'm running XPpro SP1. I have a Sony HVR-A1U and Vegas does not recognise it when I try to capture. I have read many threads in many forums and tried many different things but I can't get this to work.
I went to control panel-system-device manager- found the sony file, updated the drivers and still nothing. Something keeps coming up about a subunit????
I'm getting very frustrated .......latest version of vegas new HDV cam and I cannot capture any footage!!!! These are both Sony products and the should work together with no problems.
I read that you need SP2 for HDV .Is this true? If I install SP2 will Vegas recognise my camera? I don't want sp2 but a this point I'm almost willing to try anything.
Hopefully someone can help . Thank-you.

Edward Troxel November 30th, 2005 09:03 AM

I haven't tried this with a VCD but what if you simply drag the files to the Vegas timeline from the VCD?

Worst case, since you can play it in your DVD player, connect the player to your camera and just capture as standard DV-AVI via firewire.