Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 40 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old August 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM   #586
Major Player

Got the answer thank you
Old August 22nd, 2006, 03:45 PM   #587
Major Player

I convert my 4:3 videomaterial to 16:9 dvd with Vegas for my movie projects and get good results:
1. create a 16:9 project in Vegas
2. import the 4:3 video and put in on the timeline
3. rightclick on the video on the timeline and check Switches: make sure the Maintain Aspect Ratio option is not marked
4. add the widescreen letterboxing to the video, using the Pan/Crop tool for each videosegment; with the Pan/Crop tool you have some vertical headroom to choose the best widescreen framing within the 4:3 video
5. after editing, render the timeline to an 16:9 Widescreen MPEG2 file. Make sure you use the Best Quality setting, the Variable Bitrate and 2 Pass options for best quality.

Hope this is of any help.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 08:21 PM   #588
Major Player

Matrox parhelia cards will do three monitors. I use one with Vegas and premier 1.5 and it serves well.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:38 AM   #589
Major Player

If you want to use two monitors for the program and a third to view your "output" video, you could attach a deck or camera via firewire to your computer, and attach the third monitor to it via S-video.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:31 AM   #590
Inner Circle

If you install two dual-output video cards, then you can run Vegas on 4 monitors. I currently use this setup.

Use the same brand for both to prevent problems with software.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:29 PM   #591
Major Player

DVD-A Changing background media as menu selected

This is probably really basic but i can't quite get my head round it.

I want a simple menu - eg "Film 1", "Film 2", "Film 3"

I want to display in ONE area a picture (still or video) which changes as the user moves onto each menu item. So - if they pick Film 1 - a clip or still will show from Film 1, if they highlight Film 2 a clip will show IN THE SAME LOCATION as where the Film 1 clip showed.

So it's not a clip above each menu item - it's ONE area on screen that will change depending on what is highighted.

Thanx

Ian
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #592
Trustee

Rendering out in HD/SD - sizes?

I am presently matching up some 3D animations with HD footage in Vegas. I realised that I am going to need to figure out the best way to render this before I go and create the 3D stills to match up with the video...
So my question is, what format should I output as? It is going to DVD and I am going to keep the letter boxing from the HD footage as I like the cinematic feel of it. I remember reading that HD downgrades to SD and has a nice look to it, so what should I be rendering out as? (I need to start rendering out stills from the video to match up with some 3D shots).

Thanks
Old August 25th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #593
Major Player

trimmer ?

Can you have two trimmers open at one time?

Thanks Vince

Vegas 5
Old August 25th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Debart
Can you have two trimmers open at one time?

Thanks Vince

Vegas 5

Nope.
An alternative workflow is to have two instances of Vegas open, and use one as a "trimmer" and copy/paste from that instance to the other
http://www.vasst.com
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:25 AM   #595
Major Player

Thanks... good idea

Vince
Old August 26th, 2006, 09:46 PM   #596
Regular Crew

Batch render script for version 6?

Hi, I bought this script called Batch Render Pro from rmtools.se, a guy named Roger a year or so back. Just tried to install it and says it only works with ver 5 of Vegas...Does anyone know if there's a batch render script for version 6? Thanks so much =)
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:07 PM   #597
Trustee

Missing audio - just some but not all?!

I was rendering out a video for mov and mp4 in Vegas on my laptop which is XP. It works just fine. I brought the video into my FTP program which is on a separate computer that is running Windows ME.
Now here is the problem. When I run the video in WinME (either MOV or mp4) the strangest thing happens - the background music is working but the audio from the actor speaking parts is not there!!! I don't understand how part of the audio is there, but the other part is not when it is the same file! The AVI and WMV are working fine as well, it is just the .mov and .mp4 files that this strange problem of missing audio is happening./ Any ideas?

Well, I figured it out. Apparently .mov and mp4 doesn't like mono audio for some reason. I copied the channel and swapped it and it works.

Last edited by David Delaney; August 27th, 2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old August 27th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #598
Trustee

I use a tool called Multirenderer, part of the Veggie Toolkit from Peachrock Production, there's a V5 and V6 version both for the one price. I use it daily

Here ya go:

http://www.peachrock.com/software/veggie-toolkit.html

It does more than just batch render BTW, you can add overlays during rendering, create render templates.
Old August 29th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #599
Fred Retread

AC3 sometimes rerenders in DVD Architect?

I can't figure out why DVD Architect insists on rendering my AC3 audio file in a current project. In the prepare DVD screen it says the file is compliant and will not be compressed.

I haven't seen this behavior on previous projects. Usually the create DVD process zips through the first 4 or 5 steps so fast I don't even see what they are, and then goes on to writing the large VOB files which of course takes some time.

The video and audio are 97 minutes long (I've had no problems even larger ones before) and the MPG2 was rendered at 5500 kbps, giving a project total file size of 4.3 Gig.
Old August 29th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #600

If you've got something checked in your prefs, or if you have an MPEG audio stream, or if the file is too large, DVDA will want to recompress the audio (or video)

You might have a default checked, or perhaps you've rendered AC3 audio, but your pref is set to PCM audio?
http://www.vasst.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...