Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 90 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old November 12th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #1336
Regular Crew

I'll ask the question thats been bugging me for a while.

I have a dual opteron (quad core) machine with 4 Gb ram and 2 500Gb sata's in a Raid0. I don't get full framerate preview with Cineformed clips.

Am I missing a setting or something?
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:59 PM   #1337
Major Player

Render to master track in Ultimate s2

I am experimenting with the demo of ultimate s2......

In excalibur you can render the pip to a track to smooth playback......can you do the same in ultimate s2 after you have your tracks sync'd?
Old November 12th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #1338
Inner Circle

Are you using Vegas 7? A lot of folks on the Sony Vegas forum claim to be getting close to, if not, full framerate preview.
I don't shoot HDV nor do I have a computer as good as yours so I'm just passing along what I've read.
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:22 AM   #1339
Major Player

Indeed, the only solution will be previewing on the right device, I suppose. In mediaplayer the contrast is higher and the colour temp is a bit higher it seems - or perhaps the colors are just a bit more saturated.

Making color correction in Vegas near impossible with the right preview device. Does anyone know wether the new BlackMagic Intensity will support previewing right from the timeline?
Old November 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #1340
Major Player

Nevermind, found it- Ctrl-M
Old November 13th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #1341
Inner Circle

Locking ONLY position of events

Hi all,

Is it possible to just lock the position of an event on the timeline but still be able split it and adjust the start/end points of those shorter clips (without moving them)?

I have synched several takes of a performance of a song and layered them below each other and I will NEVER want to change the position of any event.

Possible?

Cheers.

Ian . . .
Old November 13th, 2006, 07:40 PM   #1342
Trustee

Couldn't you use the "add take" feature? Drag the next take with the other mouse button and release over the clip.
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #1343
New Boot

Celluloid and Reelpak 1

I just purchased Celluloid a few days ago and even though the official documentation (and the website) states that Reelpak 1 comes with Celluloid, the Reelpak 1 filmlooks do not appear. I've tried contacting VASST but it's been a few days and no reply from them at all.

Am I missing something in the installation process? I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this. Thanks!
Old November 13th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #1344
Inner Circle

Hi Emre,

Not sure how that would help. I don't think that using Add As Take would lock the events from horizontal movement (ie in time).

Cheers.

Ian . . .
Old November 14th, 2006, 07:39 AM   #1345
Regular Crew

Well I bought a Vantec Nexstar 3 USB2/e-SATA case. Chucked a segate 300 gig SATA2 drive in it. Only running it through USB2 currently, but it's working great for playback in Vegas at least. Getting full rate previews, both cine and m2t. Haven't tried capturing yet, but hopefully it should be alright. Defnately through e-SATA.

Unfortunately pc express esata cards aren't available in Perth, Australia from what I can tell, but as soon as I can find one, I'm sure Ill grab one.
Old November 14th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #1346

i had to mail order my pcie card. no one carried them, locally, either. do a search in www.pricewatch.com.
Old November 14th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #1347
Sponsor: VASST

Hi Eugene,

I'm not sure how you tried to get in touch with VASST but both the Celluloid ReadMe and the Celluloid User's Guide have a support email address in them which would have been routed to the entire support staff and I didn't see anything. The email is ultimatesupport at the domain vasst.com.

To answer your question, you should have received a confirmation email with a link to ReelPak-1. Go back and check that email. There should be one link for Celluloid and then below that toward the bottom of the email should be another link to ReelPak-1. If you have any problems send an email to ultimatesupport and we will take care of you.

~jr
Old November 14th, 2006, 03:44 PM   #1348
Major Player

2 LCD monitors and 1 external Preview?

I'm looking to place my order for Vegas 7, Cineform Connect and complete new NLE workstation and I'd like to know if Vegas will let me run 2 x 19" WS lcd monitors along with an external preview monitor via 1394 before I pay up.

I know I need a graphics card with 2 dvi ports and 1 spare 1394 port. Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonably priced graphics card? My workstation has the following spec;

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2x2.66GHz) 1066Mhz Fsb/4Mb L2 cache
2048Mb Corsair DDR2 800Mhz Ram
ASUSŪ P5W DH DELUXE: DDR2, x16 slot, 975X chipset, 2 PCI
80GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7200rpm)
320GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7200rpm)
320GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7200rpm) (these 2 Raid 0 striped)
16x +/- DVD WRITER (8x +/- Dual Lyr) (5x DVD-RAM) (40x CD-RW)
500W (Peak) Super Quiet Dual Rail PSU with 120mm fan
3 PORT Firewire card
2 x 19" Widescreen LCD monitors

I'll be shooting on a JVC HD110E, using a JVC BRHD50 VTR and A/D convertor with 1394 O/P for other various video sources.

I'd really appreciate any advice or suggestions here. Furthermore, if anyone spots any glaringly obvious problems with the above spec I'd love to know! I'm a cameraman of many years and fairly new to NLE. Must say..buying a house is easier than choosing an NLE software package! Seems like Vegas is the one though!!
Old November 14th, 2006, 04:32 PM   #1349
Inner Circle

I don't believe it will preview out to a monitor via 1394 in HDV or HD no matter what you have. DV should work, though not necessarily in real time...
Old November 14th, 2006, 06:30 PM   #1350
New Boot

Thanks for the reply. Email sent (again!).
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...