End of Cinescore? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 31st, 2009, 08:47 AM   #16
Regular Crew

As far as packs I guess it would depend on what your needs are. Click on additional themes - and listen to the samples I "cherry picked" several but also have the full Adreniline Surge and Hyper Culture - which I think comes with the full package now.

Otherwise I tried to pick some of different generes - Rock, Metal, Wedding, light rock etc. so that I had a good variety.
Thomas Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 07:49 PM   #17
Trustee

i bought CS.I canět find such a nice instrumental flow for nature docs.Any ideas where to pick from the libraries?Too much techno music
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:06 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Marcus

I still find that SmartSound is a better option if you need flowing music. CS is great for Industrial Documentaries and the like but I do agree the music seems to be mainly techno style which doesn't suit weddings (even Pass the Ring is not "romantic" enough for me!!)
You might need to run SS as well so you get a few nice libraries with a nature theme

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 11:49 AM   #19
Trustee

Happy new year!
Where can i find SS?
Yesterday i tried to place my second order at Cinescore but i couldn't but my last 4 songs....How come?Today you can't even find cinescore on line....
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM   #20
Inner Circle

SmartSound (aka SonicFire Pro) is at SmartSound Software
As far as buying Cinescore products, yesterday was the last day but, as it was also New Year's Eve day, that may have had a bearing on purchasing times.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:30 PM   #21
Trustee

Mike, did u buy anything?
Now all the cinescore buyers what can do to buy themes packs?
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:53 PM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
i bought CS.I canět find such a nice instrumental flow for nature docs.Any ideas where to pick from the libraries?Too much techno music
Marcus, this is a very common problem with loop library music, since it is easy to create techno, and hard to do everything else.

Unfortunately it looks like Sony has removed Cinscore from their site entirely. All pages and links to the product just bounce you to their main products page.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:59 PM   #23
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Marcus

I still find that SmartSound is a better option if you need flowing music. CS is great for Industrial Documentaries and the like but I do agree the music seems to be mainly techno style which doesn't suit weddings (even Pass the Ring is not "romantic" enough for me!!)
You might need to run SS as well so you get a few nice libraries with a nature theme

Chris
I should point out that I have switched almost entirely to using Stock20.com for my corporate music & wedding films (what little of them remain in the business plan). You can't change the song length, but the songs come in many common lengths (60s, 90s, 30s, 15s stingers, etc) that are easy to cut your footage to fit.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:59 AM   #24
Trustee

How can i find new music from cinescore right now?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM   #25
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
How can i find new music from cinescore right now?
I'd be very surprised if any new music is developed for Cinescore - it's reached the end of the line as far as Sony is concerned. No-one is likely to be creating new themes for a platform that is no longer being developed, promoted or sold by the developers.

You may find a few resellers of the existing theme packs, but the couple I found on Google (e.g. Amazon Amazon.com: Cinescore Theme Pack: Everything Else) were not selling at anything like the low price Sony were selling them for.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM   #26
Trustee

Is Sony not selling Themes anymore? I can understand that they think Cinescore is at the end of the line and therefore they stopped selling it. But it's a little abrupt to concurrently stop selling theme at the same time. What kind of customer support is that!?
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:37 AM   #27
Inner Circle

Well, they did give us notification in November last year:

>>>Cinescore software and Theme Packs will no longer be available for purchase from Sony Creative Software after December 31, 2009, so take advantage of these prices now, or miss your chance to load up on a lifetime of royalty-free soundtracks!<<<
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:52 AM   #28
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
Well, they did give us notification in November last year:

>>>Cinescore software and Theme Packs will no longer be available for purchase from Sony Creative Software after December 31, 2009, so take advantage of these prices now, or miss your chance to load up on a lifetime of royalty-free soundtracks!<<<
One month's notice on themes as well! I'm sorry but that just doesn't cut it. That's not a reasonable notice; it's a year-end revenue gouge hustle. Cinescore is a "razor" and the themes are "razor blades". How would you like to hear from your car or camera manufacturer that you have one month to buy any accessories or spare parts that you may need in the future because your model is being discontinued? Sony's demonstrated proclivity to leave you high and dry with respect to "parts and accessories" is worth keeping in mind when considering future purchases.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 04:11 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Fair enough, Jim. I'm just reporting what I know, not commenting on whether it's fair or not.

Is it safe to call this a 'demonstrated proclivity' on the part of Sony? Have they done this sort of thing before?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:27 PM   #30
Major Player

Well, sort of yes, Ian, if you consider their prosumer cameras a few years back when they introduced a mini hot shoe on the new models but anyone who had supported them with accessories such as expensive camera microphones, lights etc. they expected everyone to simply replace them with new ones to suit the new shoe. They didn't even remotely consider loyal customers by making a converting adaptor available.

I have not bought a Sony camera since and am really enjoying my Canon & Panasonic.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...