Boris Graffiti and Vegas 9.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 20th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Boris Graffiti and Vegas 9.0

Does anyone have experience using this plugin with Vegas 9.0?

I downloaded it yesterday and am having trouble with it. It is certainly a complex program, so I'm sure there's a learning curve, but the template mode looks like it should be easy and it is not.

This may be an issue with my use of Vegas. It would appear that Graffiti won't allow you to change the duration of an animated event from the 1.0 second default, and that you need to change that in Vegas. I don't see where I can change this either in preferences or the timeline.

The static effects work fine, its just the animations that I'm having trouble with.
Chris Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #2
Sponsor: VASST

If you are dropping the static presets into the timeline they cannot be animated because they are static. If you want to create an animated title, drop an Empty Event on the timeline and add Boris Graffiti as an FX. Then you can adjust the duration of the Boris timeline to match the duration of the event (this must be done manually).

I have a quick tutorial on my web site from back in the days when Vegas 5 shipped with Boris Graffiti LTD which was stand-alone (not a plug-in). It may help you a bit. you can ignore the rendering part since you have Graffiti as a plug-in. Here is the link:

Using Boris Graffiti LTD with Vegas 5

~jr

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...