Help on my new hard disc. 500 gb internal at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 20th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Trustee

Help on my new hard disc. 500 gb internal

Hi i 'd like to know how would you handle my new 500gb hard disk for my workstation(laptop). I use Vegas8 xp 32bit and i wish i could use soon MB suite and i'm planning to buy AFter effects and PS. How would you partionate it? Would u recomend to do it?
How many OS would you install?
thx a lot and have a good WEnd
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #2
New Boot

500GB Laptop Hardrive

This a good size hardrive for a laptop but I think you will still need another drive that plug into the USB port or SATA.

You will find that if you are editing high quality SD video and rendering to uncompressed of high quality formats you 500GB will fill up quick if you do a lot of video editing. When you start using MB and other effects those high quality uncompressed files get even bigger when using vegas.

As far as HD, forget about about it.... Unless you do editing in the camera and save compressed to the hardrive.
Troy Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Trustee

Hey Try, first of all thanks 4 the attention.
My need of 500 gb hard drive is due to the fact that i travel a lot so my intention is to put all the tapes files(i edit just HD) on my laptop, edit them when i'm out of my city then when i go back home i cut & paste all the raw footage to my external hard drive, so in this way my pc is always ready for a new travel -edit, hope you understand what i'm saying.
My question is: how would you partitionate it?
I was planning to use 2 OS like XP32 and W7, do you think is a good idea?
I know that with xp32 i can use The MB suite (and i can't with xp64).

thx

i really appreciate
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:09 AM   #4
Trustee

How does Vegas Work with windows 7?
thx a lot chicos
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...