Rendering For DVD Architect Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #1
Major Player

Rendering For DVD Architect Question

I have only completed a half dozen or so projects using Sony Pro 8. The first few projects I shot at 24p with my Sony V1 and when I would go to render it would select the template for "DVD Architect 24p NTSC Widescreen Video Stream"

A few projects ago I stopped acquiring in 24p and went to interlaced to try and avoid some of the jello effect with the CMOS. On my last project it dawned on me I had still been rendering to the 24p template so instead I rendered to just "DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen Video Stream".

The result was an incredible amount of jagged edges in moving scenes. I rerendered several times with the same results. I finally rendered it on the 24p template I used to use and it turned out fine.

Can one of you professional Vegas users explain to me why? Also I had read it was ok to edit in 8 bit then change the setting to 32 bit to render. Is that correct?
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I had those jagglies, I found setting the render to BEST in project properties helped resolve it.
Zulqar Cheema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Major Player

ZC,

Did using the "best" render setting adversely affect your render time?
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #4
Major Player

"Best" dramatically increases render time.
When viewing interlaced video on my flat monitor (inherently progressive), i see lots of "combing" on edges, but when the same video is viewed on an interlaced tv, all is fine.
Could you be experienceing an interlaced/progressive issue?
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Strangely it did not, do a small minute section and time it...
Zulqar Cheema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Major Player

Sam, the jagged edges were so bad it was not watchable. The end product shoudl be watchable on both progressive scan tv's or interlaced so I went back to rednering 24p widescreen and it worked fine as always.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...