Video Effects Difficulties - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 7th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Jeff, I don't think it's a bug as I've never read anything similar on all the Vegas forums that I'm on.
That's why I asked for a screen shot as I'm positive that it was a case of not knowing what to look for.
IMO, John gave up too quickly, especially considering the number of us wanting to help him sort though this.
I've experienced my share of issues over the years and 9 out of 10 times it's been operator error :-)
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #17
Regular Crew

It appears as though it may be a bug. Just saw this thread pop up about fx icons not working.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...-timeline.html
Jim Schuchmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #18
Trustee

I opened the thread. It's located here. http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...ml#post1595852 I won't reiterate it here because it's pretty well explained in the thread.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Sorry guys but I'm not seeing this as the same problem, similar but not the identical.
In the "Can't Select Video FX Icons on clips on the timeline' thread, Jim said that he can't even get the FX box to open on one specific track.
In the "Video Effects Difficulties" thread, John said that he can open an effect but can't adjust it.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Mike, the link Jim sent us to is interesting. John, if this is a case of a bug, etc. then I sure own you an apology. On the other hand if this caught Mike K off guard, then it is certainly understandable that we "blamed" you. This is just a very new issue.

For those that don't know, you can also right click on a clip to bring up the effects box.

Mike while the issues seem different, I'm starting to wonder now if they might not be connected.
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Not a problem, Jeff. It's defininately not a split screen issue as I can adjust some things (I went through every effect, finally) such as brightness and contrast and lens flare (amongst a handful of others), but can't with others - starburst, light rays and pro type titler in media generator (amongst others).

I didn't give up on it, I just uninstalled/reinstalled it with no change in the problem. I like Vegas and have edited a handful of projects with it already that didn't need video effects so I wasn't aware of the issue.

My apologies to everyone for not explaining myself very well. A screen shot wouldn't do much good, but maybe a short video would work so all could see what works and what doesn't. It's one of the strangest things I have encountered in any software.

I'm going to check out Jim's link and see what that's about. Thank you to all for your assistance.
John Kilderry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #22
Inner Circle

I strongly suspect a bug....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...