Burning Issues with DVDA 5.2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 14th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Burning Issues with DVDA 5.2

Greetings,

Anyone here burn DVD 9 discs successfully with DVDA any version? I have not done any dull layer projects or just projects that were so large that I had to use these 8.5 Gb discs. Well to my dismay, I am not getting very lucky. My drive sees the disc, builds video objects and then when it goes to burn the tracks it just keeps spinning the wheels and stays at the forbidden 66% percent done. And then errros and says the media is not proper. Have already tried some generic disc dual layer, then I tried Ritek DVD + r DL and that also failed same way. ?? Do I need a Tayo Yuden? Or something more professional to do a large project liek this?

What disc shall I try next>?

Thanks in Advance,

John

Last edited by John Lorince; December 14th, 2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: More information granted..
John Lorince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Major Player

John,

I've had problems with dual layer DVD projects in 5.0. I haven't burned anything but Blu-ray in 5.2, but the most common problem with dual layer projects is where the project is split between layers. I don't remember the details right now, but in the advanced options, you can specify the spit so it's not in a video track.

Hope that's some help.

Good luck.
Old December 14th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Trustee

I always "burn" to an ISO file, then burn that with ImgBurn. The reason? These discs always report optimistic speeds and ImgBurn allows me to choose a slower burning speed than the disc claims. That way I get no coasters.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...