New technology mystery, Vegas 9.0e at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 15th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #1
Major Player

New technology mystery, Vegas 9.0e

Hi
I have a 14 minute 1920X1080 23,97 project, mixing Sony MXF 1920X1080 23,97 (35mbits) files (originated from Canon T2i files convertion) with the latest Neoscene version (5.2.5 bild 288) 1920X1080 23,97 files (originated from HV20 pulldown removing convertion).
When I rendered the project to Sony MXF 1920X1080 23,97 (35mbits), the process went absolutelly normal, but the resulting rendered file shows only the audio layer when played, but its properties shows both audio and video (23,976 fps progressive, 1920x1080x32, MPEG-2 HD, 35Mbps(VBR) – HQ)!!!
Well, I tested a 10 second similar project, including effects and mixing the same kind of files and it end up playing both audio and video ok, as it should be.
Is there any limit of tracks, layers, minutes, etc to render to Sony MXF?
When I tried to render the 14 minute project to HD 1080-24p, using Sony YUV codec, to Cineform HD Codec, version 6.9.0 , the rendered file played “normaly” audio and video, but with some very strange defects.
So what`s going on?
Thanks
Ron German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Major Player

complementary info

NLE Version: Vegas 9.0e
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
CPU Speed: 2.5GHz - 3GHz
CPU Configuration: Double Dual-Core
Main Memory: DDR2 SDRAM
Memory Amount: >=2GB
Video Drive: Dedicated single video drive
CineForm Product: NEO Scene Version and Build #: 5.2.5 bild 288
Old December 15th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Just for the heck of it, try reducing the number of rendering threads to half...see what happens. Yours is not a case of where it will likely help, but why not try it? I can't think of anything else.
Old December 15th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #4
Major Player

Thank you you Jeff, but Vegas is supposed to work without tricks, doesn`t it?
I really need to figure out why this is happening, becouse this project is going to be a full length documentary, and I can`t deal with this kind of system`s failure .
Old December 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Well I have to ask. What kind of defects are you seeing?
Old December 15th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #6
Inner Circle

We're not talking tricks, but diagnostics. For example if reducing # of threads works, then we've narrowed it down a bit. I'm wondering if you're having issues with overclocking and these files. Reducing the threads should reduce the load and help eliminate a processor overload.

Anyway, it doesn't cost anything. Maybe that is not even close to the issue...just an idea.
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Major Player

Thank you
As I`m not a techy, I can`t really figure out what`s going on.
Besides the MXF rendering problem, I did a deeper checking in the rendered to HD 1080-24p, Sony YUV codec, to Cineform HD Codec, version 6.9.0 file and noticed that the problems are exclusively with the Neoscene files of the project!
So I made some print screens that possibly clear (to someone) whats happening.
In my Vegas 9.0e 32 bits, I inserted the rendered AVI (Cineform HD Codec, version 6.9.0) file exactly above the project tracks to get (the same) correspondent frames.
There are 3 screen 1`s:
one with the rendered track mute, when you see only the preview (rec) window and the project video tracks.
The second is with rendered track on, when you see the "special effect" in the same frame in the rendered file.
In the third screen 1 I included the rendered file in trimmer window, so you can see that, for the same image in the same file you get diferent "special effects" introduced, you see that one third of the frame in trimmer window shows part of a frame of a clip of a anterior sequence!
I made more two screens, 2 and 3, that shows the same issuein other parts of the project.
So, for now, I can`t render my project to the full HD files that interest me.
Attached Thumbnails
New technology mystery, Vegas 9.0e-screen-1-rendered-mute.jpg   New technology mystery, Vegas 9.0e-screen-1-rendered-.jpg  

New technology mystery, Vegas 9.0e-screen-1-rendered-trimmer.jpg   New technology mystery, Vegas 9.0e-screen-2-rendered-trimmer.jpg  

New technology mystery, Vegas 9.0e-screen-3-rendered-trimmer.jpg  
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:57 AM   #8
Major Player

With this printed screen info, no idea?
Old December 17th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #9
Inner Circle

You might contact Cineform support...since the issue is with the Neoscene files.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...