Possible Vegas RAM issue? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Possible Vegas RAM issue?

Hello,

I had a project that I was working on about a week ago and Vegas was working just great. I opened the project again a few days ago, and everything is really sluggish. It acts like the computer is low on RAM, as Vegas is having a hard time showing clip images on the timeline, and hesitates when you try to move the slider bar at the bottom to move or stretch out the timeline.

Any suggestions as to what might be happening? I'm using Vegas 9 and Windows 7 64 bit. Shooting HDV.

Thanks,

Jerry
Jerry Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Trustee

a. have you checked (if connected to net) for virus / trojans / etc.,?

b. have you installed any programs / codecs / whatever since last good operation?

c. can you roll back to last good op?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I'm going to guess the slowness is connected to a hard drive issue. Hard drive has been filled too full, or something of that nature. Try copying the entire project, footage and all, to another drive. Rename the original folder so that the video clips of the original location will not be referenced...that is critical for the test. See what happens. When you open the project right click on any clip on the timeline to double check where the video clip is located to be sure that is is one at the new location.

If it is faster, than your hard drive was involved. If it is the same, it wasn't.

If the new location is on a slower hard drive than the whole thing is pointless to try.

Your symptoms also match that of a hard drive that is about to up and die.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...