? about Chroma Key - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: ? about Chroma Key

[head down]

chromakey is simple IF you start off with good footage!!! i've gotten great keying in vegas alone from a cheap and nasty handycam - shot by a pro who knew about lighting etc.,
Old July 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Adam:

Lightworks is an opensource project that has been progressing over a year.

I am not even saying it is a solution to keying. But it is a serious project, which you would discover if you would just do some independent online research. To avoid checking out something promising because you don't want to get spam is very short sighted and a pitiful excuse. Have you ever heard of a spam filter. Your response demonstrates to me that you aren't serious about knowing the possibilities. (By the way, I haven't seen any spam from it.)
Old July 19th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Wand View Post
chromakey is simple IF you start off with good footage!!!
That is the most important factor, indeed.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Wand View Post
[head down]

chromakey is simple IF you start off with good footage!!! i've gotten great keying in vegas alone from a cheap and nasty handycam - shot by a pro who knew about lighting etc.,
It is indeed simple. The keying control Vegas offers is limited and easy to work with. But truly there are much better, more sophisticated softwares to key from than Vegas. That point isn't arguable.

Proper lighting, good software, and a great cam with big color space, that's the holy trinity for keying.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 05:19 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Hi Guys

I have done a fair amount of green screen in Vegas and although it works you are better off with a professional package if you do a lot or need perfect results!!

Serious Magic is top class (I think Corel bought them out so I'm not sure if they still market it)

My favorite is FXHome Visual Studio...the best control I ever saw and a one click solution to the dreaded green halo!! It's an awesome package but I went on their website and it's not listed anymore...if you can get a copy it's well worth the trouble!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
It's an awesome package but I went on their website and it's not listed anymore...if you can get a copy it's well worth the trouble!!!
Could the software from HitFilm.com this be the same product under a new name? It looks similar, and it is listed on FXHome web site as their latest product.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
...Serious Magic is top class (I think Corel bought them out so I'm not sure if they still market it)...
Serious Magic and their "Ultra" keying product were purchased by Adobe, and included in CS3, dropped in CS4, and Ultra is finally back in CS5. Adobe also got OnLocation (nee DVRack) in the same deal which is also part of CS3, 4, and 5.

Ultra is a great product. In addition to fancy tricks with shadows and virtual sets, there's a built-in function that allows you to specify several key colors. Once you've tried that, you'll like it very much! Great results, and very fast.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...