Syncing two/three camera video on timeline - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 9th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #16
New Boot

Re: Syncing two/three camera video on timeline

I downloaded the trial version of plural eyes and have went to the tools for extension and its not there. Also there is no tool bar for plural eyes in Vegas. Has anyone else had this problem? And how do I fix it?
Daniel Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

Sounds like an install issue. You might check with Singular Software - I'm sure they can provide you with MUCH better assistance than we can.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #18
New Boot

I will do that thanks!
Daniel Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #19
Major Player

This thread just cost me $149.00 and it was money well spent!

I have needed something like this for a long, long time!

I did a special test; I used a musical number of a theater play from two different performances (two different nights) and put them on the timeline.

I was able to sync those perfectly. I could use the audio from Saturday’s performance with the video from Friday’s performance or the other way around. Since the background music was the same that is what made it possible.

The reason I would want to do this? I have two cameras and can only get so many shots in one performance. With there being six performances I can get 12 shots from 12 angles! For instance, I can go up to the ‘crow’s nest’ where the audio and light people are and get a great shot looking down at the performers as well as from straight ahead. I can get various close-ups of performers and so on. I recently did this the old fashioned HARD WAY!!!

With proper editing one can make a spectacular video this way. Naturally, dialog only scenes would not work but musical numbers with a recorded accompaniment can work great!

There are lots of ways one can be creative with Plural Eyes that far exceed just syncing tracks.

If you do multicam, Plural Eyes is an absolute must have!

Special Note: Buy it from one of the vendors who advertise here. I tried using Avangate but their faulty system never worked and was a total waste of time!

Danny Lee Fye

dannyfye Video - Music Productions

Living Hope Restoration Branch

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...