Thumbnail size in Project Media pane at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 14th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Thumbnail size in Project Media pane

I'm trying to help someone out with her Vegas 10c. all the thumbnails in her Project Media pane have been minimized to a very small size. The only reference to thumbnails in help refers to the media manager. How can I resize her thumbnails? Interestingly she also has Vegas 9 installed on her comp and the same problem is happening there also.
Attached Thumbnails
Thumbnail size in Project Media pane-thumbs.jpg  
Dugi Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:14 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Thumbnail size in Project Media pane

Have you tried cycling through the various "Views" modes? I don't see a way to change the SIZE of the preview images.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yea I did Edward. Fortunately (she told me some time later) she had an Acronis image and that solved the problem. The fact that she was having the same problem with her Vegas 9 installation was interesting. I asked her what had changed at the time of the problem arising and it seems to have happened after she installed an external TV monitor for CC and had been changing her Nvidia Graphics card settings to activate the "view on external monitor" in Vegas. Could that have been the cause?
Dugi Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

All I can say is "Who knows?" Sounds reasonable that something affecting video card settings could be the cause.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...