Vegas Pro 11 is Coming Soon - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 14th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #31
Major Player

Re: Vegas Pro 11 is Coming Soon

I'm quite happy with VMS 10 HD Platinum production suite but I won't be upgrading until Sony bring out an upgrade that permits nesting with VMS.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #32
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Alexander View Post
I'm quite happy with VMS 10 HD Platinum production suite but I won't be upgrading until Sony bring out an upgrade that permits nesting with VMS.
Are you talking about project nesting? Has Sony said they are bring this pro feature to VMS.
Jon Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Submit it as a product suggestion.
Sony Creative Software - Support - Product Suggestion
Then sit back and wait as some of us have been asking for improvements (for example, a good titler program) as far back as Vegas 3 and are still waiting :(
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 02:03 AM   #34
Major Player

Jon. No I've heard nothing about Sony making Project nesting available on VMS. I'm just saying that I won't upgrade until they do.

Mike. I don't think I'll make suggestions to Sony, It would appear that what they listen to goes in one ear and out of the other without any retention between the two. Maybe they don't wish to make VMS to close to Vegas pro because of the price difference.
Old September 19th, 2011, 02:53 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Jon. No I've heard nothing about Sony making Project nesting available on VMS. I'm just saying that I won't upgrade until they do.

Mike. I don't think I'll make suggestions to Sony, It would appear that what they listen to goes in one ear and out of the other without any retention between the two. Maybe they don't wish to make VMS to close to Vegas pro because of the price difference.
Maybe they could add multi-camera, scripting, 4K support, PSD support, scopes, render farm support etc.

This is Sony you are talking about. They are the masters of market segmentation. Why should they add features in a sub 100GBP editor package that could undermine their 500GBP pro offering. Not many would buy Vegas Pro for the prestige and the development cost/support of the more esoteric tools would push the price way out of the consumer range leaving that market to Adobe Premiere Elements.

Steve
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #36
Major Player

I don't think it's asking to much to be able to easily place more than one short video onto a DVD disc. using a programme that doen't cost the earth for non commercial video makers.
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #37
Trustee

i short video? dvda? is that what you're implying?
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #38
Major Player

Leslie. I know how to put several projects onto a timeline in VMS 10 platinum, but it's time consuming and with project nesting it would be much quicker. Also with this feature I could edit longer videos in sections, each section being a project. I could then bring all edited sections onto the time line and select make movie and let the programme do the rest.
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #39
Major Player

Quote:
I don't think it's asking to much to be able to easily place more than one short video onto a DVD disc. using a programme that doen't cost the earth for non commercial video makers.
You could use Export as MPEG-2 from VMS, then use $89 DVDlab to create menus and add as many films as you want. I used the Pro version commercially and found it to be very reliable and user-friendly.
DVD-lab Authoring software

/m
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #40
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervin Langley View Post
I wasted money on Vegas 10. It still does not work properly with Cineform so I am stuck using Vegas 9e. Why would I bother wasting more money?
i feel your pain, but you wasted your money on Cineform, not on Vegas
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #41
Major Player

Magnus. Thanks for the Info. I will certainly look into the possibilities of DVDLab. I also produce a lot of videos in HI def as Blu-ray. I don't think DVDLab handles Hi Def.
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #42
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba Kastorski View Post
i feel your pain, but you wasted your money on Cineform, not on Vegas
I made same mistake, any suggestions on alternatives to Cineform that work?
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #43
Inner Circle

Roy, several Vegas users like TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 and it does Blu-ray
There's a 14 day trial so you can see what you think of it.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #44
Major Player

Hi

The only issue with TMPGEnc authoring and Blu-ray is it only supports Blu-ray with MPEG2 encoding, which isn't as efficient and can struggle with good HD footage.

I have an application I'm working on that will take the output from Vegas (or any other editing package) as Lagarith uncompressed AVI, and will convert to compliant AVCHD/AVCHD 2.0 or Blu-ray H264 using the x264 encoder, which I think tops all the others for quality, if not for speed. You can then use something like MultiAVCHD to create a Blu-ray disc. For those using 1080/50/60p it will also convert to interlaced 1080i or 720/50p using a good resizer. 720p from 1080p looks brilliant on Blu-ray. The best bit is all the software is available free.

Screen shot attached. If there is interested I'll package it up as a setup file and post it somewhere.

TMPGEnc authoring also uses the x264 encoder for H264/AVC, I can only think their commerical licensing of x264 doesn't extend to the newest builds that produce Blu-ray compliant H264, hence using MPEG2.

Regards

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Vegas Pro 11 is Coming Soon-screenshot.jpg  
Phil Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #45
Inner Circle

Phil, thanks for the warning about TMPGEnc.
I'm not a user so I wasn't aware of the limitation.
Your application sounds interesting and I'm sure would be well-received by the Vegas community.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...