Added constrast when project rendered - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 13th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Added constrast when project rendered

fwiw, I've created a Solid Color Media template of Black - 16,16,16. I start all projects destined for the web by placing this generated media on the bottom track of the project - for the entire length of the project. Therefore, fades, masks, etc. will always show thru to Black 16, 16, 16.

...Jerry
Jerry Amende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #17
Major Player

Hi

That's a good idea having black 16,16,16 on the Video track.

Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Phil and Jerry for those explanations and suggestions.

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #19
Inner Circle

I've done several slide shows over the years and no longer apply the Computer RGB to Studio RGB FX to an entire track because not all pictures or video need it.
Some are low contrast to begin with and having this FX applied makes then even more washed out as it lowers the high levels AND raises the lower levels.
I generally save this correction step for last and go through each image one at a time while watching the waveform monitor.
If they need correction, then I'll apply either Color Curves or Levels (use the Output settings) FX, depending on what needs to be corrected.
In some cases, I'll use both at the same time.
This does take longer (sometimes a lot longer) but the results are, IMO, worth it.

Hint: hold the shift key while dragging and dropping the FX on it to avoid having the FX window pop up if you don't need to make any adjustments other than the preset.

In the following examples, the scope will best show what each FX does to the image.
Pay attention to the difference on the scope between what the Levels FX and Computer to Studio FX does to the image.
Attached Thumbnails
Added constrast when project rendered-no-fx-1-copy.jpg   Added constrast when project rendered-computer-rgb-fx-1-copy.jpg  

Added constrast when project rendered-levels-fx-1-copy.jpg   Added constrast when project rendered-no-fx-2-copy.jpg  

Added constrast when project rendered-computer-rgb-fx-2-copy.jpg  
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...