Two minor config problems with Vegas Pro 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 6th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Two minor config problems with Vegas Pro 11

Hi,

I bought the upgrade to Vegas Pro 11 last week and there are 2 configs I just don't remember how to change. I'd like to have the clip filename displayed in the clip itself in the timeline. Since I'm working with a lot of short clips, this is very helpful for me. Where can we find this setting?

Also, I've noticed each time I click on the Event FX button inside a clip, not only it opens up the Event FX dialog box but the Event Pan/Crop window too. Is there a way to avoid this? I don't recall having this problem with previous version of Vegas.

Thanks,

Benoit
Benoit Bissonnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Two minor config problems with Vegas Pro 11

1. View - Active Media

2. This is a new feature in Pro 11 (and one I like). In Pro 10, they added the Pan/Crop entry on the FX list where you could easily place and FX before or after pan/Crop (Previously you had to click on the little "pre/post" triangle that many did not know even existed). In Pro 11 they've added the ability to click on the Pan/Crop button and get directly to the Pan/Crop screen without having to exit the FX window and then open the Pan/Crop window.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Edward,

Thank you very much with your quick reply. I fixed the first problem.

As far as the second problem is concerned, is there a way to put it back like it used to be in previous version? For the type of editing I do, or unless I don't understand the advantages of having both windows to open at the same time, I find that pretty annoying.

Best regards,

Benoit
Benoit Bissonnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

No, you can't change it back. Both aren't actually open "at the same time" - it's now a single windows where you can easily switch between all FX AND pan/crop. It's actually easier especially if you're wanting to switch from an FX to pan/crop and back. Plus it's a visual way to determine if the FX is applied before or after pan/crop is applied. If you don't click on Pan/Crop in the row across the top, you won't even see the pan/crop screen except for when you remove all FX - then just close the window and you're done.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...