Interlace progressive video? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #16
Jubal 28

Re: Interlace progressive video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jasany View Post
Weren't older desktop players more likely to be compatible with DVD-R rather than +R media? I always burn DVD-R disks and never had compatibility issues.
Well, that was the common "understanding." But much like the also-common admonition against mixing wet-lube and dry-lube tapes in a camcorder, there wasn't much real-world backing to it. So, who knows?
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #17
Trustee

"But much like the also-common admonition against mixing wet-lube and dry-lube tapes in a camcorder, there wasn't much real-world backing to it"

there most certainly WAS real world backing to THAT fact, as i and many of my clients could attest to!
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Yeah, David, there certainly was something to the dry wet thing. The thing is very few people knew which tapes were wet or dry, they only guessed most of the time if they even thought about it.

I started out using wet tapes and went to dry and it really f---ed up my camcorder. I sent mine back to the factory to have cleaned up.

There are very few wet-type tapes, and the only ones I know of were some high end Panasonics mini-dv tapes that I used initially on a new camera years ago. I was given detailed information by a factory rep, and it pretty much flew in the face of what most people knew/believed about tapes.

But we are really getting off topic. I'm been helped by this thread, good stuff here, thanks everyone.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...