Vegas 11 stopping after rendering at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 1st, 2012, 03:47 AM   #1
Trustee

Vegas 11 stopping after rendering

I haven't been doing any video over the last six months due to working away from home and holidays etc, but have just today got back into a major project I am working on. During those six months however I up graded to 11 from 10 and the other day installed the new build just released...

So...today I did some colour correction and then rendered the result on a number of 20 something minute clips. On all bar one occasion, Vegas seized when the render had finished and I needed to do a Ctl Alt Delete and restart. The one time it didn't seize - as I recall - I was there when the render finished and almost immediately closed the dialogue box. On the others there could have been some minutes before I got to it...

Any clues on what the cause is?
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Vegas 11 stopping after rendering

Not sure but the first thing that pops into my head are -

Are the HDD's going to sleep?

If you have the dialogue box close automatically at the end of the render do you still have a problem?
Jim Schuchmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Jim, I wondered the same thing. He could also try moving the media to another drive and rendering to another location and then if the problem goes away he would know it's the drive. Easiest thing of course would be for him to check the power option settings, but short of that if he just moved the video files, etc that would also give an idea of where the issue was.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Trustee

Thanks guys. I'll look at your suggestions tonight or tomorrow when I do some more rendering...Appreciated.

I'm rendering to a basically brand new internal 2 TB drive...
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Trustee

An update: When the 'close this dialogue on completion of render' (or whatever it's called) box is selected, the program doesn't crash - not so far anyway...

Thanks...
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Hey Renton

My version of 10 did that a few times to me then never again...it would render the file and show the progress and when it got to 100% (even with the check box "close this after rendering" ticked, it just sat there and the elapsed time kept going on and on and some frustrating Ctrl-Alt_Del sequences were needed. Mine were short Realty clips too..nothing over 10 minutes and rendering to SD PAL MPEG2 so each clip was over in a couple of minutes....!!!

It probably did it to me 3 times over a week and then never again!!! Strange??? It has never had a render crash now in the last maybe 8 months. The other weird thing was that the MPEG2 files were perfectly rendered too..no errors on the clips..only the dialog box forgot to stop!!

I have no idea why it happened but it just suddenly went away as fast as it arrived and never visited again..I have always wondered what caused it????

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:42 AM   #7
Trustee

Hi Chris

I've been out of circulation for some time, but am now getting back into post production of 'my project'.

Quite a logistical exercise keeping track of it all...14 something segments with four cameras each...have set up a spreadsheet to record what I've done on each....

One thing that is stalling me a bit in my thinking is that I'm coming up to the time I need to decide my background (greenscreen) images...at least I think that is what is needed next...so the clips can all be rendered with the backgrounds in to minimise slowing down computing...but I'm not sure what I want as a background, or that I know how to go about choosing it...

At the moment I'm working up to have all the various clips sync'd and colour corrected in their relevant .veg file. Once I have all my raw video data to that stage, I'll then really think have to think about the backgrounds...and following, that the importing of all the other graphics and stuff...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...