Weird problem on playback/render. Help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 04:12 AM   #1
Major Player

Weird problem on playback/render. Help!

Just recently I've encountered a strange problem during playback and render on my Vegas Pro 11 timeline. When I playback I can see flickering ghosted clips in the background that shouldn't be there! Other than my workstation is possessed by demons I can't really figure out what's wrong. Okay, so the ghosted flickering clips I see actually are on the timeline but they're either way behind or way forward from the playback region. They should NOT be displayed at all, but upon ever render I see them behind my edit flickering in and out. What could be causing this problem?

I've tried reloading the project, even restarting Vegas, and also cold booting the system but the problem still remains. I tried deleting rerendered files from the project and even cleaning up the project by removing all clips from outside my render region, but the problem persists. I even have all the latest graphic card drivers for my GTX 470.

Anyone have any ideas to why this problem has suddenly cropped up? Didn't ever happen before. Or should I just get a bowl of holy water and a string of garlic to put on my workstation desk?
Old March 3rd, 2012, 04:16 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Weird problem on playback/render. Help!

what happens if you start a new project with the offending clips?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...