Vegas 12 discount upgrade - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 9th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Vegas 12 discount upgrade

I guess I just don't understand the need for the box. Download the installer. Create a text file with the proper serial numbers, Burn them all to a CD and... instant "hard copy".

The last boxed copy I got was either Vegas 2 or 3 and you had to feel the weight of the box in order to determine if it contained a manual as the older boxes did and the newer boxes did not as they were being phased out at that time.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #17
Trustee

I want a box/CD because I think it's nice when reselling to have something physical to show in the auction and to pass on to the buyer. It may be a little thing but it seems like the buyer is 'getting something'...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #18

Thing is... when purchasing the upgrade you don't get a box anyway. You get a plastic bag with everything stuck inside it. Or at least that's the way it was the last time I purchased the "box" version.
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #19
Major Player

Vegas Pro 11 (the upgrade) came in a box. I don't always have access to high speed internet, so I usually order the box. With version 8, the Agreement states you can have it on as many as 3 machines. With version 11, I couldn't find that verbage anywhere. Haven't asked Sony about it yet, so for now, I still have version 8 on three machines. Anybody know if they did in fact cut out that 3 machine allowance?
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #20

As far as I know, the license has not changed in regards to how it can be used and where it can be installed.
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #21
Major Player

I like the boxed version, too, for one primary reason. It's a good place to keep the cards with the serial numbers. Yeah, I know I can get the serial numbers for Vegas products online. But the ones for the bonus software that comes with various upgrades (like NB Titler) are the ones that often get misplaced.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #22
Inner Circle

From the Sony Knowledgebase at https://www.custcenter.com/app/answe...UWZVOUFyOGw%3D

Can I run my Sony Creative Software application on more than one PC?

Our licensing agreement permits you to install the software on as many machines as you own, as long as you are not running the programs at the same time. For instance, you can install the software on your home machine and on your laptop. You are not allowed to install the software on multiple machines if you are going to be using them simultaneously, such as in a home studio setting. If you are going to run the software concurrently on more than one machine, you would need to purchase a separate license for each computer.

Note that when you install the software on a different computer you will need to complete the registration process again. Register the software as you did the first time to unlock the program on each machine. You can register online directly within the software or on our website through our online form.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #23
Major Player

Thanks Mike. I've installed the v12 upgrade on one laptop and test driving it now! It's very encouraging to see that Sony is working on addding more features and keeps coming out with these regular updates. Still can't capture from my HDV cams, but I have another laptop which still works for that. I think it's a Windows or hardware issue.

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Thing is... when purchasing the upgrade you don't get a box anyway.
Yes you do!
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #25

Well... I did say that's the way it was the last time I purchased the upgrade...
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...