Vegas 12 discount upgrade at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 6th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #1
New Boot

Vegas 12 discount upgrade

Hello everyone,

I received a discount offer from SCS last night. It's a significant discount on the cost of an upgrade.

Here it is: Sony Creative Software
Howard Harrelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Vegas 12 discount upgrade

I tried the links on that page, comes up with the normal price for me. I'd snap it up in a heartbeat at that discounted price though.
Matt Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Inner Circle

That is the upgrade price. You need to go to the upgrades page if you have a current version of Vegas Pro.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #4
Trustee

Ron, if you click on the Buy Now button on the upgrade page, it takes you to the full price non-upgrade sales page. Same with the email. I ended up calling SCS by phone and ordering the discounted upgrade that way.

I did so on Thursday with the hope of having it delivered the next day (I am in Wisconsin, just like SCS), alas they did not ship it until late Friday, so I will have to wait till Monday to get it. Not a big deal, actually, since my video card is dying and if I go full screen my computer freezes. I ordered a new GTX 630 with 4 G memory to replace it, so it does not matter to me when I get my Vegas until the new video card is in my computer.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Download version downloads very quickly. I haven't had a boxed version since Vegas 8. Given the continuous updating, doesn't really make sense to order the boxed version. Of course, I am blessed to be living in an area with great internet access.
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #6
Trustee

Personal preference. I like to have a hard copy of everything. So I buy the boxed version. Even though I have downloaded it even before I ordered the box.
Old October 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
Ron, if you click on the Buy Now button on the upgrade page, it takes you to the full price non-upgrade sales page. Same with the email. I ended up calling SCS by phone and ordering the discounted upgrade that way.

I did so on Thursday with the hope of having it delivered the next day (I am in Wisconsin, just like SCS), alas they did not ship it until late Friday, so I will have to wait till Monday to get it. Not a big deal, actually, since my video card is dying and if I go full screen my computer freezes. I ordered a new GTX 630 with 4 G memory to replace it, so it does not matter to me when I get my Vegas until the new video card is in my computer.
Yes, but if you go to that page, click buy now and then click the Shop upgrades button on the top of the next page it will take you to an upgrade page where you can select the upgrade appropriate for you present Sony product.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
Personal preference. I like to have a hard copy of everything. So I buy the boxed version. Even though I have downloaded it even before I ordered the box.
I buy the boxed version so I have something physical to sell on when the next version arrives...must put v11 up for auction...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #9
Inner Circle

When I sell mine the buyer only needs a serial number and the license transferred, like others I find the disc obsolete, I back up everything twice. I have software that is 14 years old I have been carrying around, but I'm a fanatic for backup.

All Vegas downloads are available online for years, really no need to even keep a copy, but I do anyway, just so I have it to install as needed.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Saves a lot of trees for program buyers to take electronic delivery of programs and manuals.
Old October 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #11
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
Yes, but if you go to that page, click buy now and then click the Shop upgrades button on the top of the next page it will take you to an upgrade page where you can select the upgrade appropriate for you present Sony product.
Well, that seems rather convoluted to me. Once I saw the full price, I had no intention of clicking buy on that page. I wonder how many people get discouraged by it and decide to wait for the next version. They need to rethink that design! LOL.
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #12
Regular Crew

If you've been around awhile, you note that Sony always offers an upgrade. Sometimes, they place links to it in the product description when doing an initial promo offer, but there's always links available on th e My Account page.
Gene Gajewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Saves a lot of trees for program buyers to take electronic delivery of programs and manuals.
Plastic trees, maybe. ;-)

I don't believe Sony has shipped real, paper manuals with Vegas (or any other product) for years.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Still costs fuel to and paper to package box sets. But I do understand the feeling of having an official box on you shelf....
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #15
Major Player

I agree 100%, I'm completely digital. I hate boxes, I hate the clutter, dust they add to my office and I hate having to throw away all these boxes. I wish consumers would grow up and realise that the pretty box that gets thrown away right after we open the product has an environmental impact that is non-sustainable. If it must be boxed give it to me in a recycled brown box, I don't care for glitter.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...