Title card, template title card question Vega Pro 12 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Title card, template title card question Vega Pro 12

Robert,
The first one that comes to mind is December 2004 Vol 2 No.10, page 3 "Creating lower thirds."

However to do a tile page you need to do a thing or 2 differently since you want the title page to cover completely.

Open Vegas, add 3 video tracks. To make it easier, name them
Track 1=TEXT
Track 2=Background
Track 3= Video footage

For track 3 add your footage.
For track 2 decide if you want to use a background for your text OR if you want the text to show over the video footage
For Track 1 add Generated Media Text.

If you're going to use a transparent background so the text runs over the footage pick a generated media that is transparent (or go to the properties tab of the media and lower the opacity or background colr to zero) Type in the title(s) adjust the position to taste and you're off and running.

If you are going to use a background be it a solid color or a gradient or a motion background that would go on track 2.
Set the amount of time you want it all to run and then set your footage to start at the end of the titles and BAM! You're done.

It sounds more complicated than it is but you can play around to your hearts content and not hurt a thing.

Remember the TEXT always goes on the top track, background goes to track 2 regadless of whether it's a generated background or video footage.
Using Pan/Crop and Track Motion you can adjsut the size and position of the text and background.
HTHs
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

The newsletter archive is fully available. You do need to be logged in to access it, though.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #18
Sponsor: JET DV

To make things even easier, here's most of them:

http://www.jetdv.com/tts/tts.zip
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #19
Major Player

Hey everyone.

Sorry for the delay in writing, for some reason, I was having trouble logging onto DVinfo, where I would get a blank screen everytime I'd check the forum but I can see now.

Thanks for the links and pdf, I'll let you know how it goes or in my case what questions I have in trying them out. :D

Robert
Robert Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...