New Nvidia Geforce Drivers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 19th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #1
Major Player

New Nvidia Geforce Drivers

Nvidias new driver got released yesterday (314.07)...
To them who has an geforce card, please update and check if it got any improvements with Vegas Pro...
Kim Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: New Nvidia Geforce Drivers

and report back asap please.

personally i prefer to be a live coward rather than a dead hero ;-)
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Major Player

I made my usual clone backup, installed the new drivers, got the usual problems with Vegas 12 that ANY driver later than 296.10 has, went back to 296.10 driver and I am fine again. I do a clean install everytime! I tried the non-clean install once and it is a good thing I had a cloned backup!!!

Later drivers favor games, Windows 8 and the 600 series of cards. Mostly games!

The 296.10 driver is not compatible with Windows 8 so I will stay with Windows 7 and the 296.10 driver for now.

For my system the latest driver is not the best driver.

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com - Videos - CCM.
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #4
Major Player

I'm using driver 313 with Vegas 12, works on my windows 7 system. The new driver won't install so can't comment.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #5
New Boot

I had troubles with Nvidia, but after disabling GPU in vegas crashing stopped. For editing GPU disable is fine for me.I just enable it for rendering only.
Tomasz Kalinowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #6
Major Player

Well there is various problems for various users...

With my GTX670 (Gigabyte), I have never had some kind of system issue or installation problems...
My only problems is that the Nvidia GeForce 600 serie (Kepler), is not fully compatible with Vegas...

Therefor the fastest (best) GPU to use with Vegas Pro, is the GTX580...

I found this out after I bought my GTX670... Us who bought 600 serie is waiting for either Sony or Nvidia to fix this issue...

I can use my Graphic card for greater workflow (does work), and VP12 finds the GPU and cudas within settings.. But does not render faster at all, or with some codec it just stop and does not start render and quit...

So Im waiting for any version update of VP12 or Nvidia to fix this..

Just wanted to update...

/Happy editing
Old February 20th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #7
Major Player

I am quite pleased with this upgrade; so far I haven't received any black frames when switching back and forth between projects which I believe is to the improved speed of refreshing clips. My NVIDIA card is a Quadro NVS 420 series with 4 monitors.

EDIT: WOW! IN MY PIPELINE I AM CONSTANTLY SWITCHING BETWEEN TVPAINT AND VEGAS PRO 12 SO EVERY FRACTION OF A SECOND BEGINS TO COUNT. WITH THIS DRIVER THE SWITCH HAS BECOME ALMOST INSTANTANEOUS FROM CLICK ON THE WIN 7 TOOLBAR VEGAS ICON TO FULLY ACTIVATED VEGAS READY TO PLAY.

Last edited by Paul Fierlinger; February 20th, 2013 at 02:41 PM.
Paul Fierlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #8
Major Player

When it comes to crashes, for me it helps to lower Dynamic RAM preview to 256...
crashes reduces from ten times a day to none... occasionly someone.. I dont really get it, because I do have 32GB of RAM (1600MHz)... My old setup, editing with Sony Vegas 7, with 4GB did also suffer of crashes when increase it to let say 1GB or 2GB.
Apparently many other users suffer from this issue to, so its a wide spread problem.
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Kim, default ram preview is 200mb on my machine, and I have 32GB of ram also. I have been under the impression to never raise the Ram preview, that it does nothing to help anything. Some run it at 0 with good results, I know I have at times.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 03:19 PM   #10
Major Player

Yes Jeff...

The thing is, Dynamic RAM Preview is really a great tool... I did use dynamic RAM preview alot before to make a section playback smooth. When having alot of 3D track motions in several video tracks, maybe filled with many 1080p clips, high resolution images, FX and more, Dynamic RAM is the only quick solution to make a section playback in realtime and select for an example preview half or full without having to render to a full quality clip... takes lesser time...

I think After effects kind of mimic that feature, but instead of using the RAM, AE CS6 for an example, use a selected diskdrive (scratch disk)... Well, this is my feelings, not maybe accurate...

But if you never use that function, that wont be a problem turning that feature off...

But if you dont want to use proxy editing, render with best quality, when your CPU and whole computer setup doesnt keeps up,Dynamic RAM Preview is Great! =)
Kim Olsson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...