Render settings for Apple Imovie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Render settings for Apple Imovie

Could someone please point me in the right direction. I am editing a promo video in Vegas 8 pro and I need to hand it over to someone who use this video in imovie as part of another edit.

My question is, what render settings (format, etc) in Vegas will be best suited for imovie?
Antonie Koen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Render settings for Apple Imovie

Ill try not to make this too long winded, but more info from you would help.
Is it HD or SD? Do you have access to a Mac?
You mentioned Promo, does this suggest its very short? If so just render a Quicktime Animation codec file. It will be huge file size but very good quality.
If quality is not so important, use a Sony or Main concept Avc template that matches your project.
iMovie wants an AIC quicktime file which you cant easily render in Windows.
There are numerous ways around the issue but they really depend upon the individual/s ( both Windows side and Mac sides ) work flows.
Also explore DnxHD, free for Windows and Mac, might be another option.
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Render settings for Apple Imovie

Thanks for your reply Gerald. Much appreciated. I apologize for not supplying more info in my question.

You have answered my question though. I tried the mainconcept avc render settings and it seems to do the job. The 2 min promo clip I'm doing is for our church announcements on Sunday and the person using Imovie throws all the individual announcements on one timeline to render out as 1 video clip for the Sunday announcements.
Antonie Koen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...