combining different avi files into vegas pro 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 11th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

combining different avi files into vegas pro 9

i am new to this forum, and to video editing. i am trying to learn vegas pro 9..but have converted 20 years of video in the past to present with different cameras, using cineform neoscene....
my quesiton, i get sometimes errors in different clips using initially virtual dub to cut out portions if clips i dont want of family, and to then merge the clips for each year shot of family. some show an error :

'the audio streams do not share a common sampling rate.
First stream:0002ee00/00000004=480000.00000samples/sec
Second stream:0001f400/00000004=32000.00000 samples/sec

can i fix this? will it be fixed if i merge these clips into vegas, then render to avi files again with minimal editing of sharpness, and cropping to store until i decide what format to save? thankyou in advance. i couldnt find this topic in the forum...
bill
William Boehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 12:44 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: combining different avi files into vegas pro 9

Not sure I understand. Why are you using Virtualdub. You can trim the clips in the Vegas timeline.
I have mixed audio of different sample rates with no errors in Vegas or are the errors in Vdub?
Trimming the clips is a basic function of Vegas
Jack Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

i see..thankyou..can i save in the same avi format? do i need to render it ?
Old October 13th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Render As> AVI (pick your flavor from the drop down menu.)
It's a lossless render it will only re-render frames that have been "touched"...IE Color Correction or other effects.
Vegas is a great program. I've been using since version 2 and once one gets into it a little it's very easy to work with.
Old October 14th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #5
Regular Crew

don thankyou for your encouragement. i have downloaded four cameras over the years..from a cheap sears video camera tape format in 1989 to canon xh a1, to canon hv30 to now nikon cameras..and all were downloaded with cineform. so i will start to get me feet wet, and immerse into it. i am a little nervous, but i am doing the sony creative vegas tutorials. i have vegas pro 9 and it has been downloaded for three years and not used. now that i am retired, i want to put together for the kids all these family videos.

i hope i can render then back to the original avi codec....should be easy then according to you. only want to sharpen, color trueing for the older videos, some crop, and possibly delete some of the audio ...and dub a voice over it. it looks like a lot of work, but fun. any suggestions welcomed.
Old October 14th, 2014, 08:44 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Once you've done the work you want to the footage Vegas will have to render those frames. Footage that you've done nothing to will simply be copied over. Again it's about as lossless as you can get but with the corrections you are doing you "might" lose a touch but honestly I wouldn't worry about it.
Beside the Vegas tutorials on You Tube there are tones of great ideas and help in the Vegas forum right here and Edward Troxel is a Vegas guru who developed plugins for Vegas for years and used to write a newsletter. If you goto www.jetdv.com you'll find a lot of information about Vegas. AAMOF it ALL Vegas all the time there. It's Edwards site and while he hasn't necessarily kept it totally up to date it's very relavent and can help greatly.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...