High quality render settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 3rd, 2015, 05:10 PM   #1
Tourist

High quality render settings

I have a Sony FDR-AX100 camcorder. I'm shooting at 4K 30fps 100Mbps and using Vegas Pro 13 for edit and render.
I am rendering out to 1080p for my Sony 1080p projector.
I would like to render out at the highest quality. I tried one of the "Sony XAVC / XAVC S (*.mp4)" templates but my Dune media player won't play the PCM Uncompressed Audio, strange, and you can't change it in the template, it's greyed out. So, my next choice is "Sony AVC/MVC (*.mp4)" because this allows AAC Audio, no problem. But, the Bitrate with these templates will only go to 25,999,360bps. Is this sufficient or should I look for another template? I want the highest quality possible. I may not understand what I need for highest quality? Maybe 25,999,360bps is fine? I'm not concerned about file size, looking for highest quality settings. I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Tom
Thomas Brohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2015, 11:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: High quality render settings

Mediaplayers won't play xavc. Take a mainconcept avc template and customize the bitrate to variable max 50000000 average bps 28000000 and you should have decent quality with reasonable file size. Hope this helps.....
Jurgen Bauwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 05:43 AM   #3
Tourist

Re: High quality render settings

Thanks, looks like this is the way to go
Thomas Brohl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...