linear wipe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 12th, 2017, 05:43 PM   #1
Trustee

linear wipe

I am applying a diagonal linear wipe to a clip...in v15 The wipe does not begin exposing the the clip until it around a third of the way through the wipe, rather than at its beginning. Does anyone know why this is? I don't recall this occurring previous times I have used a lineal wipe.

It means I have to start the clip earlier than I want to, then find the place the wipe starts showing and put that where I want it.

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 11:43 PM   #2
Old Boot

Re: linear wipe

Renton, I can't repro this.

I tried the DiagWipes and they are working as I'd expect. Is it at all possible you've got a "Renton" customized Trannie Velocity Envel involved? Without access to more of the graphical #details, I'm not going to be much help . . ?
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 04:22 AM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Graham...appreciated.

Nope, there are no envelopes of any sort on the clip. I wondered if I had inadvertently put something on the clip or on the track but I can't see anything at all.

The wipe length is 4.02 sec long, but the clip does not start appearing until the wipe is 1.05 sec through. This was determined by going down the time line one frame at a time and marking where it appears.

I have to say I quite like some of the new look/features in v15, and like the 'EventHeal', but I've been finding that when I open say a Media Generator - Title and Text, or Event Pan Crop, or FX (though I haven't done much of that yet), the loading time of the generator is a lot slower than I'm used to...it is very sluggish. I'm wondering if I have some setting somewhere that is doing this, or whether I have something in my hardware that is not functioning as it should. I have plenty of disk space available and the drive is defragged...though I have just noticed that one of my drive seems to have disappeared...will have to check that out...hmmm...

Actually regarding 'Eventheal', I saw someone said it wouldn't 'heal' multiple breaks in events. I found that if I select a number of events - more than just two, and then hit 'eventheal' repeatedly, the whole lot got 'healed' one after the other, but not with one keystroke.

Renton
Old October 13th, 2017, 05:48 AM   #4
Old Boot

Eventheal - minimal usage for me. It could be developed into something?
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 01:20 PM   #5
Trustee

Yeah I haven't 'needed' it... doesn't really matter how many splits there are in a clip... but it has been nice to tidy a few things up... appeals to my aesthetic sense... :-) It'll be interesting to see how often I use it over time..
Old October 14th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #6
Trustee

Duh...as I lay in bed last night I suddenly realised why there was a delay in the wipe appearing...

The image is in the middle third of a transparent canvas meaning the wipe is occurring for the first second or so but there is nothing to expose! Dozy I know...

Renton
Old October 14th, 2017, 10:48 PM   #7
Old Boot

Good.

I’m sometimes, less nowadays, needing to force myself to reflect on what’s actually on the Timeline and systematically deconstruct what’s in front of me to nail an issue I’ve got. Having chums here and “elsewhere”, over the fifteen years of using Vegas Pro.
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...