Very disappointing! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 11th, 2017, 01:08 PM   #1
Trustee

Very disappointing!

I have just discovered that Magix does not have the same resale policy that Sony Creative Software did.

I bought into Vegas Pro at v6 and for all versions v6 through v12 I have sold on my old versions when I upgraded. SCS transferred the license from me to the buyers. They had a facility on their website by which such a license transfer could occur.

Magix does not allow resale which I find very disappointing.

I have just upgraded to v15 and was in the process of on selling my v13 and v14, as I have done for all previous versions. I thought I would contact Magix to confirm the method of license transfer only to find that they do not do it and do not allow resale.

I now have to withdraw the two versions from sale even though I have a buyer for v13.

This has cast a pall over it all for me and very likely will make v15 my last upgrade.

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:52 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Very disappointing!

Surely, if you have upgraded to VP15, then the price that you paid would be a discounted one recognising that you are just getting a newer version, maybe with some new features etc..
If you sell the previous version(s) with which you qualified for the upgrade price rather than the full price, then that deal is no longer valid.
Magix's positions is not unreasonable, it's just that Sony had a more lenient view. That may be why they considered the product not profitable enough and sold it to Magix.
Steve Game is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...