Saving subclips as separate video clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 26th, 2017, 10:33 PM   #1
Trustee

Saving subclips as separate video clips

I have a video which I have made a couple of subclips from.

The original video is on a hdd which I want to turn off. However, when I turn it off, my subclips are not available for the .veg file.

I want to be able to put these subclips into a particular media folder as separate stand-alone clips, but I cannot find them anywhere so as to be able to move them to this folder.

Do they exist as separate clips stored somewhere? If not, how do I/what is the best way to save them them as individual separate clips?

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 03:52 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Saving subclips as separate video clips

With NLEs the subclips usually don't exist as media, they are just logged as being a subclip by the program, but they don't exist as a separate file, the program refers back to the original media. Vegas should make sublclip that you can use, but you will need to keep your hard drive connected. Create a media bin in your project media widow, then drag your subclip into it.

Proxy files exist as separate media files.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 09:43 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Saving subclips as separate video clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton Maclachlan View Post
Do they exist as separate clips stored somewhere? If not, how do I/what is the best way to save them them as individual separate clips?Renton
Generally If I want to do this I cull all the clips I need onto a timeline. I create a 'Region' over each clip and name each clip/region for future ID purposes. I then run a non standard Vegas script called "BatchRender-Regions.' This script will allow you to select the codec, resolution etc and destination folder for your clips. There are three check boxes at the bottom of the BatchRender-Regions GUI. Make sure you select the third one so that the batch render process renders your clips out as individual clips and not as one long continuous file. You will end up with a bunch of clips in your destination folder that now have the names you gave them on the timeline regions.

More info here on how it is done plus look for the poster named "zulqar-cheeema" as he has some modified scripts that look like they will work with Vegas 14 & 15 since these versions are MAGIX Vegas versions as opposed to the Sony Vegas versions. He has supplied download links for his scripts that will work with Vegas 14 & 15

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...enames--94424/

If you get stuck post back

Chris Young
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...