v16 crashing with Particle Illusion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 27th, 2019, 12:54 AM   #1
Trustee

v16 crashing with Particle Illusion

I upgraded to v16 the other day, and also have upgraded to Boris FX Particle Illusion to use as a plugin in Vegas. I began playing around with Particle Illusion yesterday for some effects I need...spent several hours with it and in that time Vegas 16 crashed numerous times as I was working in PI.

I note from the PI specs that a graphics card of a minimum of 1GB of ram is required and recommended is 2GB.

I have – (must be 6 or so years old) - an EVGA 012-P3-1578KR GeForce GTX 570 HD (Fermi) Classified 1280MB 320-bit …video card. This being the case its capacity appears to be on the low side and thus could be a cause of the crashing. Is this likely?

The CPU is an Intel Core I7 2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHZ…Quad Core…same age as the Graphics card.

If I need to buy a new GPU so be it, but wonder if anyone could comment or advise.

I have noticed at times that Vegas (15) would lag depending on what files I had on the timeline. Could this have been a graphics card short fall?

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 03:50 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: v16 crashing with Particle Illusion

I have had similar issues with v16 and the whole Boris Continuum suite. Win 10 i7 8700k OC'd to 5GHz with GTX-1080Ti so I don't really thing your hardware is the issue. It might be a bit slower but I don't think that is the main issue. PI being part of the Boris stable might be a further indication that there may be some integration issues going on. In fact on Vegas Beta testing Boris OFX library even caused issues with program startup throwing up an error dialogue "Net runtime could not be initialized." This has been reported back to the Vegas Dev team. Hopefully hear something soon.

Chris Young
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 04:12 AM   #3
Trustee

So...I opened PI on an event and played around with the emitters in it for quite a while, However as soon as I went back to Vegas, it all crashed...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:45 PM   #4
Trustee

Yes not good. No answers yet.

Chris Young
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...