v18 hmmm at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 6th, 2021, 12:30 AM   #1
Trustee

v18 hmmm

Greetings.

I'm doing my first project in Vegas 18 and am finding frustrating.

Things seem to happen all on its own. I've had
Tracks all suddenly minimise...without me initiating it a far as I know,
Tracks shorten in length.
A photo disappear...don't know where it has gone,
Difficulty at times dragging an image or whatever from project Media to a time line..wouldn't drag or went to the wrong place,
Zoom in and out from the mouse wheel far more rapid than on any other version used,
Sudden appearance of blue on the time line...presumaly a loop region selection indication, but not one initiated by me...that I am aware of,
Sudden jumping of cursor to beginning of project,
and a few other things...
As you can imagine, frustrating...
Nothing like any of these things have ever occurred on my earlier versions...that I remember...
Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2021, 12:27 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: v18 hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton Maclachlan View Post
Greetings.

I'm doing my first project in Vegas 18 and am finding frustrating.

Things seem to happen all on its own. I've had
Tracks all suddenly minimise...without me initiating it a far as I know,
Tracks shorten in length.
A photo disappear...don't know where it has gone,
Difficulty at times dragging an image or whatever from project Media to a time line..wouldn't drag or went to the wrong place,
Zoom in and out from the mouse wheel far more rapid than on any other version used,
Sudden appearance of blue on the time line...presumaly a loop region selection indication, but not one initiated by me...that I am aware of,
Sudden jumping of cursor to beginning of project,
and a few other things...
As you can imagine, frustrating...
Nothing like any of these things have ever occurred on my earlier versions...that I remember...
Renton
Tracks all suddenly minimise...without me initiating it a far as I know, - You double-clicked somewhere - probably the scroll bar for the tracks

Tracks shorten in length - not sure what you mean by this. Tracks just are. They don't really "lengthen or shorten". They just show what's on them.

A photo disappear...don't know where it has gone, - once again, not exactly sure here unless you clicked on something that moved it or put some video over it so it's really still there but "hidden" behind another, longer, clip.

[i]Difficulty at times dragging an image or whatever from project Media to a time line..wouldn't drag or went to the wrong place,//i] - I've found that "slower is better" when dragging things to the timeline. It will outline on the timeline where it will be dropped.

Zoom in and out from the mouse wheel far more rapid than on any other version used, - You should be able to adjust that in your Windows settings. I've not really seen any difference between versions.

Sudden appearance of blue on the time line...presumably a loop region selection indication, but not one initiated by me...that I am aware of, - How about a screenshot showing what you are referring to here. It's probably a new feature. The blue line above the timeline simply indicates the time something has changed. It's certainly not a selection area.

Sudden jumping of cursor to beginning of project, - I've not seen this unless I clicked on the "go to beginning" button or pressing CTRL-Home or "W" will take you there.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...