Forum confusion - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 15th, 2006, 10:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Runyon
Just giving another For What It's Worth vote:

I've been bothered by this for a while too. Though I don't shoot HDV I check here from time to time to make sure I'm not missing some worth while info.

I think it's now become even more important to merge them back into one now that we know DSE doesn't come to the old one as much. I vote you force him back in there by merging them back and removing his choice! Sure, Edward is very helpful, but perhaps he will give his answer and then DSE will come in and add one little extra detail that makes things even more clear! It just doesn't seem right to have a Vegas forum without his omnipresence.
Daniel,
I'll likely never visit the DVInfo.net Vegas forum much unless specifically invited to view a post there. There is a user frequently in that forum that has been significantly dishonest with the community and deliberately harmed my name and stole from my business. Since that occurence, I've stayed fairly away from that particular fora and others that this person frequents, and likely will continue to do so.
AFAIK, Edward doesn't shoot HD, and HD is growing in leaps and bounds whether it's Panasonic, Canon, JVC, Sanyo, or Sony...so as traffic in the forum indicates, it's a good idea to have both anyway.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #17
Major Player

That is well understood, Sir Spot.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #18
Sponsor: VASST

I too would like to see the forums stay separate. I agree with Spot, Edward does a great job of supporting the Vegas SD forum and it is rare that I see a question that he hasn’t already answered first. I like having a separate HDV forum for Vegas because I know the questions will be about what I’m doing, which is working in HD.

I would probably miss the HD questions in the sea of SD questions if the forums were joined. The more narrow the scope the less noise you have to contend with. Please keep the Vegas HDV forum separate.

~jr
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
How does everyone feel about this?

Should we keep a separate board for HDV, or meld everything together in one big 'ol Vegas board?
About the thread I started about the problems I had with DVD Architect, did I put it in the correct or incorrect forum? My concern was getting the answer I needed. I looked at both forums and from what I could see, I figured I would be more likely to get an answer here than from the other forum.

One thing to consider is that as HDV progresses the need to discuss SD will soon diminish to a such a level that an SD forum will no longer be needed.

There are plenty of users of SD for now but I think that will change rapidly during the next year.

I am in favor of having only one forum. It is a problem having to decide where to post and having to search both to find the answer(s) one needs for whatever advice needed or to get help solving problems.

By the way, I have been up all night finishing up my DVD (thanks DSE) and have successfuly done so. However I am typing this in my sleep and so if this is a mess, sorry...

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
Old February 27th, 2006, 09:46 PM   #20
Trustee

regardless of politics (*gasp* a bad word!), i think 1 combined forum for ALL HDV/DV for each application (one FC, one Premiere, etc.) is much better than having a split. why? for every 1 specific HDV or 1 specific DV question there are 3 nonspecific HDV/DV feature that has to do with vegas. and out of those 3 maybe 2 might turn out to involve either HDV or DV specifically.

that's just my 2 cents. =).

for example. i do HDV but had to find image stabilizer in DV forum... but will it still work for HDV? better/worse? adjustments, etc. ya know.
Old February 28th, 2006, 02:00 AM   #21
Inner Circle

How about prefixing HD related questions with the letters HD?!? That would stop HD topics being "lost in a sea of SD" topics.

Personally, I'm rarely visiting the HD Vegas forum to simply graze - am I therefore losing out on a wealth of general Vegas knowledge?

For example, the following threads:

Help
Sony Releases Update to Vegas 6.0d
Does Vegas have web content output ability
Vegas users favourite titlers
Sony Vegas + ATI's AVIVO

That's 5 of the most recent 8 threads (all posted today) that don't appear to contain any HD specific content.

Either some thread moving by the forum moderators is required, or a programme of education for posters or (my preference) a single forum.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...