Best settinngs to compress to Web at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 21st, 2007, 03:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Best settinngs to compress to Web

Hi
I have compressed some material (original DV) to 320X240 mpeg2 and Quicktime, uploaded to Youtube and the resulting images exhibited by the site is pure crap!
And I usually watch a lot of much much better compressed images in clips of other users.
So what are the best settings from Vegas 7 to get a decent final compression in sites like youtube?

Thank you

Ron
Ron German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Inner Circle

No definitive answers but there's a few suggestions in the OT: VASST on YouTube!! thread.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 07:54 AM   #3
Major Player

Thank you Mike.
And we don`t have H264 and flash output in Vegas7. Maybe this encoding would improve quality with Youtube.
Best
Ron
Ron German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2007, 10:12 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron German
Thank you Mike.
And we don`t have H264 and flash output in Vegas7. Maybe this encoding would improve quality with Youtube.
Best
Ron
yes, why no h246? i thought quick time supports h264 encoding - or is that only the pro version.

youtube suggest a frame rate, format and codec on their web site. but depending on your footage youtube video might either be acceptable or totaly rubbish.

when i encode videos for the web (not youtube, but for my own website) i use quicktime with H264 at 320x240 enabled for streaming. this tends to have very small file sizes, looks very good in quality and in certain circumstances can play right off an ipod (if one so desired)
Mauritius Seeger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...