Gaps between .m2t files - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 31st, 2007, 08:08 PM   #16

Kit...

I just did what you asked....layed two subsequent m2t clips into the timeline and looked for a dropped frame. Everything looks as it should. I see no discrepancies. It would be nice if I had some native TC data, but, that doesn't come across with each clip.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 04:02 AM   #17
Major Player

Thanks for the test, Bill. I just put my new computer together, so I am going to try it out on that. I will let you know if there is any difference. Thanks again for doing that, I do think we can get to the bottom of this one way or another.
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 02:53 PM   #18
Major Player

Alright - I tested the Firestore with Vegas on my brand new computer - Still has gaps. I thought it may just be something with my computer, but it's not. It's a fresh install of everything - not even hooked up to the internet or network, only loading Vegas on it. I will keep playing...

Bill, Are there any settings in Vegas that you have changed? Like in the prefrences, was there anything you changed that maybe most people would not change?
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM   #19

here's a list of my "setup" menu on my FS4:
Stop NO Video
Ext Control Off
TC Rec Run
TC Drop
and for the RECORD Mode I have:
Normal

As for Vegas, yes I change a LOT of the prefs. but there's nothing that stands out other than deselect "overlap multiple media when added"

On my HD110, referring to the users manual I have the following settings:
page 78 Start Key set to "Stop+Record"
page 81 1394 record trigger set to SYNCRO
page 81 Backspace HDV set to P-1394
This is baffling.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM   #20
Major Player

Well, what I am going to do on my next project is just mimic your settings. I'm running the FS-4HD's, non pro, bought them that way. I will do some tests later this evening when I have some time to see if this works out. As always, thanks so much.
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...