Can Vegas deinterlace 60i to 60P? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 10th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #16
Trustee

I can't make it work

In the project properties, I can choose progressive and then interpolate or blend, but that only applies to the preview window, not the output.

If I choose render-as, I can create a custom template but not for main-concept mpeg video, just AVI, WMV etc. If I choose one of those, the custom template choice allows progressive scan for AVI with a choice of codecs. But under the field order box, there is no selection choice for interpolate or blend methods.

So if Vegas can really deinterlace mpeg2 video, I haven't figured it out. Someone will have to show me. From what I can see, the only option is AVI and that's an extra render and huge file payload that Tmpgenc Xpress doesn't need.

At this point, my judgment is that Tmpgenc Xpress in the area of deinterlacing functionality is quite far beyond what I've been able to see in Vegas.

Update:

I left out, that I *can* deinterlace in Vegas with one of the default templates for mpeg2 video, for example NTSC DV video 24p with 3:2 pulldown. If that's the goal, then it's there.

I was trying for 29.97, no pulldown, and a motion adaptive algorithm, or just something artifact free and not soft.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #17
Trustee

Tom,

Thanks SO MUCH for all your hard work. I just checked out the TMPGEnc website. Xpress looks like a very powerful program. If I can't Vegas to what I want, that's the way I'll go.

Thanks much!
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
Tom,

Thanks SO MUCH for all your hard work. I just checked out the TMPGEnc website. Xpress looks like a very powerful program. If I can't Vegas to what I want, that's the way I'll go.

Thanks much!
Thank you too Peter. If you CAN get Vegas to work, please post back here how you did it.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 01:28 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Have you tried...

Putting the footage as is on two seperate video tracks and having one track with field order Upper First and the other Lower First? It seems generic enough that it may help.
Chuck Biddle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...