Vegas cant handle image sequences? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 19th, 2007, 09:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas cant handle image sequences?

I am a long time Vegas user (now using 6.0d). My current movie has a lot more animation work which I am importing as still image sequences. My 3.0Ghz P4 1GigRAM PC that I run Vegas on kept taking the image sequences and replacing them with only the first image in the sequence over the length of the event. So I have a still frame showing for 3 seconds instead of a 3 second video. This happens sporadically. My PC is about 3 years old, so thought it was the problem. Ran the veg on my wife's more robust laptop (a gaming PC) and it worked correctly. Aha, so I needed a new computer. Bought a new XP pro duocore 2Gig RAM PC and holy crap it does the same thing as my old PC!!!! Anyone have any idea what's going on? Someone must have had this problem before. Many of the files have 60 or so animated event sequences. So I can't just reimport the sequences everytime I want to work on it. Can someone help me?
Dan Measel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 05:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You sure you're checking the box at the bottom of the file dialog when you open the images?

Sometimes I miss (or accidentally click it twice).

Dan
Daniel J. Wojcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 08:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah. It loads the sequence fine, I edit, save, test render, everything is fine....until a day or two later I may open the veg file and all of a sudden all the sequences are replaced with single images, as if I never checked that box. Also, it's all-or-none. Either it will all still play as sequences or they will all be replaced by stills. I'm at my wits end!
Dan Measel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...