HDV Captured with Vegas from Sony FX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 11th, 2007, 04:04 AM   #1
Major Player

HDV Captured with Vegas from Sony FX1

Now I am trying to edit.

I capture the video... but its in a highly compressed .m2t file

My question.... how can I re-encode this video into a usable file.... for my p4 computer.

I have 4 terrabytes...space is no factor...

but the m2t file is too compressed in Vegas for me to really work with it.

THANKS!

FYI: That includes... Corpus Christi, Galveston, Houston, Beaumont/ Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Biloxi, Mobile, Penscola, Ft. Walton, Panama City... Any every little city and town in between.

If you need anything, Let's talk...
Brent Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Not sure what you intend to do and what you mean by "useable" but you could always re-encode into the Cineform Codec which creates a cineform .avi file.

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Your P4 should be just fine for editing HDV natively - I also use a P4 @ 3.0 GHz with 1GB RAM and an old 64 MB video card, and it's working just fine, with real time playback and no jitter/stutter on the Premire Pro timeline.

Depending on what you intend to do with your footage, you can work with it as is, or you can decompress it into any number of other formats from DV to uncompressed using mostly free software like MPEG Streamclip or VirtualDub.
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #4
Trustee

almost fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas View Post
Your P4 should be just fine for editing HDV natively - I also use a P4 @ 3.0 GHz with 1GB RAM and an old 64 MB video card, and it's working just fine, with real time playback and no jitter/stutter on the Premire Pro timeline.
A p4 will almost be fine..... right up until you start layering on the color correction, contrast changes, and text overlays with transparency effects. Add all taht and Vegas will slow way down. You find you need to switch your preview window to 1/4 size and then down to draft quality just to keep up the frame rate.

I have edited native HDV footage in m2t format from my FX1 on both a Core 2 Duo with 2GB of DDR2 and on a P4HT@3GHz with 2.5GB of DDR2.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...