DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/98077-vegas-video-discussions-2004-q3q4.html)

Jean-Philippe Archibald July 16th, 2004 11:45 AM

Differents formats in DVD Architect

I want to do a menu based DVD on DVDA. I want to put on it my last short film, which is in widescreen, the making of, in 4:3, and a slide show of productions stills, also in 4:3.

From what I see, the aspect ratio in DVDA is at the project level, I can't find a way to have items of differents formats in the same project.

Can I do that? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Edward Troxel July 16th, 2004 12:13 PM

What version of DVDA? I just check and in DVDA 2a you can go to File - Optimize and pick the format for any individual file independent of the project settings.

Jean-Philippe Archibald July 16th, 2004 12:16 PM

Thank you Edward! I am using DVDA 1 but this feature is also supported! thank you very much!

Tim Kay July 16th, 2004 01:59 PM

Pausing/ Freeze frame video - Can't find the velocity envelope

So i've read the help section about freezing a frame of video but its not working for my Vegas 5.

After over an hour trying to figure it out i feel i've exahusted my natural abilites;

THis is what i've done:
I'm in the first row ; i right click my video i want frozen right click it and select "Insert/Remove envelopes". When "velocity" is checked, i lose a little triangle pointing down (located on the bottom, in the middle). I try getting nodes but its impossible. The only time i get nodes is if i go into the insert menu and select composite.

Why am i not getting the option to select the nodes?

So far i've followed this advice, but i can't seem to get past step #1
<I>
Add a velocity envelope, and a node at the point you want the freeze to happen.

Add another node (point) to the right and move it directly undeneath the other one. Right click on the bottom node and Set To.. 0%.

Now you can dag out the event however long you want it ,and it will stay on that frame.
</I>

Edward Troxel July 16th, 2004 02:58 PM

Try these steps:

1) Start a new project.
2) Add a video clip
3) Right-click that video clip and choose "Insert/Remove Envelope" and then pick "Velocity"
4) Double-click the new BLUE line in a couple of places and change the velocity at those points as desired.

Once you feel comfortable with the process, return to the original project and finish the task.

Tim Kay July 16th, 2004 03:37 PM

Hmm, what happenes when that "blue line" doesn't appear?
It looks like i might have to reinstall my software. Would this blue line be obvious?

Don Bloom July 16th, 2004 04:53 PM

I actually think the line is green butbesides that, to answer if it will be obvious, yes, it drops right in the middle of the clip, runs from the beginning to the end of the clip. Should be right there no matter what color it is.
Don B

Emre Safak July 16th, 2004 08:04 PM

Opacity control for Video Event FX?

Is there an easy way to reduce the intensity of a filter, like the opacity of an adjustment layer in Photoshop?

Edward Troxel July 16th, 2004 08:06 PM

Unless for some reason you have it hidden. To check that, you can go to the View menu, choose Video Envelopes, and make sure Event Velocity is checked.

Edward Troxel July 16th, 2004 08:24 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Don Bloom : I actually think the line is green butbesides that, to answer if it will be obvious, yes, it drops right in the middle of the clip, runs from the beginning to the end of the clip. Should be right there no matter what color it is.
Don B -->>>

Yep - It's green (must be the "volume envelope" that's blue)

Douglas Spotted Eagle July 16th, 2004 09:42 PM

Most filters have various adjustments that allow you to control the amount of filtering/blending that's occuring.
If for some reason it's not allowing it depending on the filter, you can always duplicate a track, remove the filter from the lower track, and use the opacity control of the track or event above to reduce the effect's opacity. I do this with specific sorts of light rays all the time.

Graham Bernard July 17th, 2004 10:24 AM

STOP PRESS! : Indications of the Global Spread of The Vegas Phenomenon ! ! !

Just when you thought it was safe to return to your NLE! . . The Fun has started ...

http://www.vegasusers.com/vidshare/t...-where_are_you

Nice one Kelly . ..

Grazie

Vince Debart July 17th, 2004 01:12 PM

snapshot help

Hi Sorry for this dumb question...I have a still image in the preview window and I click on "save snapshot in clipboard" where is the clipboard ?

Thanks

Vince

Lorinda Norton July 17th, 2004 01:44 PM

Good question, Vince. The other day I looked all over the place, did a search too, but never found the clipboard. Turns out that what I wanted was to save it to a file anyway, but it'll be good to know the answer to this.

Edward Troxel July 17th, 2004 07:11 PM

That would be Window's clipboard. This will allow you to PASTE the image into any application. For example, after choosing to copy to clipboard, open your paint program, choose File - New and the press CTRL-V. The image will now appear in your paint program.

Now, here's an interesting side effect. THIS image will be 720x480 instead of 655x480 (NTSC sizes).