DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/98077-vegas-video-discussions-2004-q3q4.html)

Emre Safak July 18th, 2004 12:15 PM

Thanks Doug, I thought so... wouldn't it be nice if 5.0b included an opacity setting? It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Kylie Wilson July 19th, 2004 01:59 AM

rendering error mpeg2

Hello

I'm having a problem rendering to mpeg2, the first time I rendered everything worked fine. I have had this problem before I seem to think it is a bug that has something to do with windows media player.

The error states "An error has occured while creating the media file ***************.mpg. "The reason for the error could not be determined".

I'm using Vegas 5, I cannot think how I fixed the problem last time. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Edward Troxel July 19th, 2004 08:07 AM

Check to make sure the drive containing your temporary files is not full. Then change where Vegas places the temporary files to a larger drive.

Dave Deng July 20th, 2004 01:59 AM

Capturing Limitations

When I capture video through my USB port into Vegas 5.0 the maximum resolution is 640 x 480. This seems ok, but I would like to know if there is any way for me to capture at a higher res. If its not possible how would the quality of the outputed DVD be??

Thanks for your help
Dave

Edward Troxel July 20th, 2004 07:36 AM

Please do not capture via USB (especially if you want to be happy with the results). The preferred method of capture is via Firewire. Firewire will give you full DV resolution. If your camera does not support firewire, get a convertor and run analog to the convertor and then firewire between the convertor and computer.

Dave Deng July 20th, 2004 08:14 AM

Thank for the reply Edward, I also have a Pinnacle's DC10+ but have had a real bad time in the past trying to render my movie into one big file. To put it lightly "im over it". Ill try capturing through firewire, Thanks.

Edward Troxel July 20th, 2004 08:18 AM

I'm not sure the Pinnacle card is OHCI compliant. You may be better off removing that card (and it's drivers) and installing a standard OHCI firewire card using Window's drivers.

As for large files, you should be able to make them as large as needed assuming your drives are formatted to NTFS. If they are FAT32, you will be limited to 4Gig files (about 18 minutes of DV).

Glenn Chan July 20th, 2004 12:16 PM

MS 4-button mouse: Neat

I've just noticed that the 2 extra buttons on the MS USB IntelliMouse Optical mouse moves the playback head forwards and backwards following the ruler lines on your timeline. This could save lots of time looking through footage.

The mouse is also nice for webpages since the two extra buttons act as back/forward.

Conclusion: The evil empire wins again. ;)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...105-122&depa=0

Ok, minor gripe. The plastic around the side buttons are squarish and not rounded so they can get a little irritating.

2- Anyone have any other mice of human interface devices they also like? I haven't tried a Contour Shuttle Pro with Vegas yet, so I don't know how it compares... but you could get both :D

Glen Elliott July 20th, 2004 12:33 PM

Interesting finding- wonder if you can map the extra mouse buttons to other actions in Vegas now that V5 allows you to remap keyboard shortcuts and the like.

Dennis Vogel July 20th, 2004 01:06 PM

The NewEgg site says it's a 5 button mouse (plus wheel). You only mentioned 4 buttons. I'm asuming the wheel is also a button. Do you know what it defaults to in Vegas?

Dennis Vogel

Dennis Vogel July 20th, 2004 02:47 PM

DVDA 2 Audio Questioni

I'm doing my first DVD Architect 2 project. I have a single MPG file that I made a single movie DVD from. When I played the DVD the audio stopped after 49 seconds on both my settop player and my PC. I played the MPG file in WMP and it is fine--audio plays throughout the file. I played the first VOB in the TS_VIDEO folder and the audio stops again at 49 seconds. So it appears the render in DVDA failed to write my audio to the DVD files. Oh, if it matters I rendered the DVD to disk first then while in the same DVDA session burned the DVD. Standard PCM to AC3 conversion in DVDA.

I notice the timeline at the lower right of the DVDA window when I added the MPG file to the project. The audio track was probably still building the peak file when I started the render. I would have thought that only affected the screen view and not the render. Could that have prevented the full audio from being rendered? Must the peaks all be built before rendering?

If that's not the problem, anyone know what else might be going on here?

Dennis Vogel

Edward Troxel July 20th, 2004 03:00 PM

Let it build the peaks and then re-build the DVD. Let us know if it works after that.

Jeff Donald July 20th, 2004 04:10 PM

You call that a mouse? That's not a mouse. This is a mouse. It even works on my Macs.

Dana Pence July 20th, 2004 05:30 PM

AVI render creates black frames

Up until recently Vegas was rendering my video flawlessly. About mid-way through the most recent .AVI render, it started inserting a single black frame about every two seconds through the remainder of the video. By selecting that portion of the video where the problem began, I've attempted to render that with every possible combination of settings offered by Vegas, and still get the black frames. Any ideas?

David Jasany July 20th, 2004 06:30 PM

Photo Resolution & Aspect Ratio

I'm adding a slide montage to my project. I've saved the photos at 655 x 480 pixels. Dropped the jpgs on the timeline and viewed result on preview window. When the preview window is docked and Best Full is selected, the picture fills the window. When I undock the window and enlarge it to full size, there are small vertical black bars on the left and right side of the picture.

If I set the preview window to Preview Auto, and leave it as a small docked window, the bars are again visible.

Is this normal and will it look right when viewed on a NTSC TV? I don't have an external monitor to preview. Thanks.