DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/98077-vegas-video-discussions-2004-q3q4.html)

Edward Troxel July 22nd, 2004 07:46 PM

Glad it all worked out for you. I feel Vegas is the easiest tool for creating a photo montage.

Daymon Hoffman July 23rd, 2004 05:53 AM

How to render to image files

Hi,

Well i've had a poke around and i cant, for the life of me, find info inthe help on how to render outto still images. Its probably right under my nose but i have NFI where. LOL

Can any kind soul point me in teh right direction on how to render out to still images (say .PNG/.JPG/.BMP/.TGA etc)?

Cheers

Graham Bernard July 23rd, 2004 06:21 AM

You do mean capture a single frame AS a still yeah?

Preview window, .. tiny floppy disc icon above Screen? Click on that it will give you options of what format JPG or PNG and where. When do ing this have the Preview set to GOOD - yeah?

Yeah, been in front of you all the time . .. ;-)

Grazie

Daymon Hoffman July 23rd, 2004 06:26 AM

Hmm. no i actaully wish to render out to still images. Not just take a snapshot here and there. So ifi can render to still image sequence it would REALLY speed up what i am trying to acheive. its just not feasable to use that little snapshot thing i'm afraid.

:)

Graham Bernard July 23rd, 2004 06:36 AM

Okay . then you'll want to render to Snapshot script .. You can set to how often you take it .. I think down to 00:00.01 menaing sigle frame - yeah? that's what yer after? Go over to the script forum or try the sundance site RenderImageSequence.js I think it is called . . I often use it to create monatges then I set them to the n=beat using markers .. with SnapShotToMArkers script .. neat!

Grazie

Daymon Hoffman July 23rd, 2004 06:39 AM

YAY! :D Yep thats pretty much what i want to do. I set the FPS to .01 and just wan tto rende rout a heap of screenshots at the highest possible quality of the selected video stream.

Thanks for the pointer i'll take a look when i get a spare moment. :) I thought it'd be a default of Vegas but i dont think it is coz i cant find it for the life of me! :)

Graham Bernard July 23rd, 2004 06:47 AM

Go and get it Daymon!

Are you using V5? I think The render Image Sequence came withitr. Go Tools>ScriptingDrop down menu "remderImage Sequence. NOW, this might not be showing if you haven't GOT the scripts IN the correct place and you HAVEN'T yet run the "rescan Script Menu Folder" utility . .yeah?

Anyways here's a "Go knock yerself OUT!" option to get Loadsa stuff

http://www.blue7media.com/vegas/

A bunch of very VERY valuable tolos for Vegas and us VegHeads !

Grazie

Edward Troxel July 23rd, 2004 06:54 AM

There are several scripts available that will output a series of PNG or JPG images. However, if you are doing a significant amount of time on the timeline, they are relatively SLOW. If you are doing more than a few seconds worth, you may wish to frameserve to some other application such as VirtualDub and let it output the actual images.

Michael Best July 23rd, 2004 07:38 AM

Installing Vegas 5 + Dvd

I will be installing this over the weekend, any recommendations, advice, things to watch out for, settings, bad install experiences?

I know it's kind of wide open but I figured the question might reduce some headaches. Also, is there anyway to install it on my laptop as well? Thanks!!

Edward Troxel July 23rd, 2004 08:03 AM

Just install both, register both, and you should be on your way. I have quite a bit of setup information in the newsletters. Just click on the link below my name.

Ralph Morris July 23rd, 2004 09:50 AM

One additional heads up Michael,
On the V5 disc, there are additional programs including Boris Graffitti LTD. It requires a SN. The SN is on a post card in the box. Don't throw it away....

Michael Best July 23rd, 2004 09:56 AM

I am so glad I asked.....

Are we stuck using the program (V5) on just one computer?

Patrick King July 23rd, 2004 09:56 AM

Robert,

Kinda wish the Boris LTD card would have slipped out, fallen on the floor and under my massive desk without me noticing. Trying to learn the Boris interface was a non-starter; there's eight hours of my life I'll never get back.

Edward Troxel July 23rd, 2004 10:05 AM

Vegas 5 has the same license as 4 and 3 in this regard. You can install it on multiple machines as long as you do not edit on multiple machines at once. In fact, you can install it on two additional machines to use as network rendering nodes.

Dana Pence July 23rd, 2004 01:13 PM

I'll answer you in reverse. Yes, I tried a reboot. The common link between the black frames is the frequency. And, the source is a video camera which, as it turns out, is also the culprit. Upon very close inspection - zoomed all the way in on the timeline - and moving slowly, frame by frame, I found the black frames. Now to figure out why my video camera is generating them. It's an MPEG4 camera. Any ideas?